Chapter 8 - Free and Freezing

~Paige~

When my feet hit the ground, I just stared down, processing what exactly I'm doing. I'm running away.

Never coming back.

Away.

Far away.

No more shit.

No more motherfucking Monster Mouth.

And with all those thoughts swirling around in my brain, jumping on my train of thoughts, I did the first thing that I was supposed to do once I landed from the third floor.

I ran. I ran as fast as I could, not really knowing where I was going. All I knew was I had to get away. I had a huge, determined smile on my face, knowing I was never going back to that hell of a place they call an orphanage. But of course, when you're running, you need to focus on what you see and more importantly, where you're going, because if you don't you'll trip on something and land face first on the cold, hard ground. 

"Fuck.." I cursed as I lifted my head off the ground. I brushed the dirt off my face as I stood up. 

Looking at my surroundings, I noticed that I was in the forest once again. Why do I always end up here?

Oh, who the fuck cares?! I'm free! Fucking free!

 I ran to the lake, my favorite place in the world. Once I saw the clear water of the large lake, I ran to the middle, freezing the water in the process. I started spinning around like a mentally ill ballerina. 

"FREEDOM!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Now I know what you're thinking, I thought you don't want to run away because Monster Mouth always finds you. 

Well, of course you don't know because I never mentioned it, but my birthday is in a month. You know what that fucking means? I'll be eighteen and free. 

Fucking free! 

I proceeded to spin around and dance like a retarded person. Then I did something crazier--I started yelling. I yelled everything I've been holding in for almost eighteen years.

"Dad! I did it! I escaped! Are you proud?!"

"Mom, are you proud too?!"

"I'm free, mom and dad! Free!"

After saying those two words three times, yelling them out, I knelt down on the icy frozen water. I stared at my reflection on the frozen water. My eyes were full of deep emotions that I was trying to hide. To anyone who would look at them, they're lifeless. My face was a look of someone who went through a lot. 

Mom and Dad. 

I never got the chance to get to know them completely. They will never be there for me because they can't. I wish I could've done something. 

Thinking of my parents reminded me of something and I punched the frozen ice, breaking it. There were still mini ice bergs, like the one where I was on, so I didn't sink.

"DAMN YOU, BITCHES!" I screeched at the top of my lungs.

People go around complaining about how they don't have a stupid valentine when lots of people yearn to have parents for Christmas, a mom for mother's day and a dad for father's day.

Bitches.

Which reminds me....

"MOTHERFUCKING MONSTER MOUTH! I FUCKING HATE YOU!"