Chapter 11 - Friends?

~Paige~

The only way to describe what I was feeling right now was scared as fuck. I sat behind the backdoor of the café, freaking out. The moment I saw that guy--the one I accidentally froze and left to be frozen--I knew I was in deep shit.

"Paige!" Joy called. "Paige, where are you?"

I heard her footsteps come near and was about to stand up when the door I was leaning on opened, pushing me off my feet.

"Ow!" I exclaimed as pain bolted through my back. "What the hell, Joy?"

"That's what you get for running away!" she rolled her eyes at me as she helped me up.

"Well, what do you expect me to do? They know about my abnormality!"

"It's not really an abnormality.."

I gave her a look.

"Okay, maybe it is. But it's better to call it uniqueness." she shrugged.

"Whatever, they still know about my uniqueness and that is fucking bad."

"How do they know, anyway?" she asked.

"I might have.. um... Accidentally froze one of those guys?"

Her eyes widened. "What?!"

"But only half of his body!" I defended.

"Half?!"

And so I told her the whole story, from my first meeting with Blondie up to the time when I went to see her.

"Dude, you should've been more careful." She tsked.

"I know.. I'm in so much shit right now."

"Relax! It's not like they're going to sell you to scientists for experimentation or something.

Oh shit. Scientists?! I never thought of that before. "How do you know?" I raised an eyebrow.

She sighed. "Connor is my best friend."

"Blondie? But I thought I was your best friend." I joked, but there was a little bit of disappointment in my chest.

"You are!" she chuckled. "He's just a great guy friend, you know? I don't really have that many girl friends."

I sighed. "Are you sure you can trust them?"

She laughed. "Of course! And I'm also sure you need friends."

Before I could question her, she pulled me back to the café.  "Joy, what the hell are you doing?" I tried ripping my arm away, but I knew that if I used too much strength, her arm might be literally ripped off.

"Getting you friends." She stated cheerfully. Before we could even reach Blondie's table, I succesfully got out of Joy's grip.

"Paige!" she hissed. I ignored her and ran to the back once again. I was never good at making friends. I wanted to, but people always seemed to dislike me. I tried, I really did. The first time was when Joy left the orphanage. The girl just stared at me like I was a maniac as I introduced myself. The second was sometime two years ago, when I was at the park. The girl just laughed in my face and called me a freak. That's how hard it was for me to make friends. It was either they're scared of me or they think I'm a weirdo. After that, I gave up on trying to find friends.

A few moments later, Joy walked through the backdoor.

"What's wrong with you?" she asked, annoyed.

"A lot of things! It would be easier to list what's not wrong with me... And... Well, I'm not good at making friends." I sighed.

She smirked. "Too bad, you have to start being good at it. Okay, guys, come here." And with that, the backdoor opened once more and in entered the three people I didn't want to see.