Chapter 36 Mei's Pov

Clutching my bag I made my way to my locker, I could feel the piercing glares from my fellow students. For the first time in my life they scared me.

So this is what it's like to lack confidence. Opening my locker it was closed abruptly, there in front of me was the captain of the football team. "So Mei your going for the comfortable look today."

I gave a akward smile, "Yea Chad. I didn't feel like dressing up." He shrugged, "It doesn't matter to me. What does matter is that you are open enough to go on a date with me."  My eyebrows scrunched together.

"Chad you asked this several days ago and my answer is still the same. I am not interested in dating you. I'm sorry." His smile turned to a grimace. "You don't learn do you. According to the data the football captain and the most popular girl in school have to go out! It's law!"

I scowled opening my locker once again, "What data are you talking about? Old chick flick movies that are suppose to be a real representation of  high school? Seriously? Besides isn't it usually the quarterback and the head cheerleader? You numbers are way off."

"Oh where did you hear that from your little nerd friend?" Clutching my bag strap i turned to a smug Chad. "Really Nerd is the best insult you can give? He may be a nerd, but she is the sweetest person I have ever met. Better then you."

"Is that who you have a crush on?! Is that why your dressed like like that!" I bared my teeth and began to walk away, "What did I strike a nerve?" He said in a mocking tone. "So what if I have a crush on him? At least I know what love is rather then basing who I am going to date because of a stupid movie cliche."

"If you like him that much then tell him, or are you chicken?" Glaring I stopped in my tracks. "No I have already proclaimed my love to him, I am just awaiting his answer." He smirked and linked arms with me.

"Well then lets go find him and get an answer." My eyes widened with shock, but I quickly restored my composure. "Why do you care so much that I get a answer?" He brought me closer.

"Because when he turns you down you going to need a manly shoulder to cry on." I scoffed "When you find one tell me cause I don't see one." He scowled and began dragging me in search of Sean.

We didn't get very far before Sean came rushing around the corner. "Sean!" I said as Chad smiled with glee. "Well,well,well. I guess your nerd friend is easier to find then i thought. Good for us right sweet heart?"

I scowled and jerked my hand from his grasp. "Mei i need to talk to you." Is voice was laced with urgency, "What is it? Are you alright?" I asked, "Ahem! Future boyfriend right here!"

Sean raised his eyebrow, "What? Boyfriend?" I grabbed his shoulders and turned his head away from Chad. "Don't listen to him! Please what did you want to tell me?"

He stared into my eyes for a couple of seconds before he opened his mouth,

"Mei I!"