six

Anthony's POV

I said bye to my mom as I approached a large house sporting a huge brown door with a brass knob.

I knocked and after a few seconds, the door swung open to reveal Josh stood inside.

"Hey bro." We fist bumped and I walked in, the door closing shortly behind me.

"Anybody here yet?"

"Yeah Amra and David are upstairs."

"Don't let him hear you saying that."

I heard Lasercorn shout something then Amra laugh really loud.

"K I'm gunna go get some cola. You go upstairs, floor second from the top."

"Nice." I started to walk up the stairs but stopped about half way up the first flight due to a loud knock on the door.

"Ah shoot. Can you get that?" Josh said, arms full of cola bottles.

"Sure." I said as I strolled over to the door, expecting Shayne to be on the other side.

But no.

I opened it and a boy I didn't recognise was stood there smiling.

"Uh..."

"Hi." The boy stepped in the house. "Anthony, right?"

He walked past me and shouted "yo Joven!"

"Joven?" I mumbled to myself.

"Oh Sohin!" Josh said, running down the stairs.

They bro-hugged as I watched in awe.

"Oh Anthony, by the way, this is Sohinki."

"Nice to meet you?" I said, shaking the kid's hand.

"He gets on our bus." Josh said to me.

"Oh of course!" I said, chuckling. I see this guy every morning and I didn't even recognise him.

"But one question, well, two really." I said.

"Ask away." Josh replied.

"Sohinki? I'm sorry but if that's your real name... your parents didn't like you."

Josh and Sohinki both screamed in laughter.

After a few minutes of hysterical laughing (Josh was on the floor just screaming at one point. Not even laughing anymore, just screaming), Sohinki finally answered my question.

It's my surname. My name's Matthew Sohinki but I hate my first name, so my friends call me Sohinki.

"And Joven? What's that all about?" I asked, turning to Josh.

"Josh Ovenshire, all my old friends made it up cause it's a mix of my names and it sounds cool. I don't know."

"That's definitely sticking." I said, laughing and walking over to the stairs.

"Well done Sohin, look what you've did."

"Done!" I said, jogging up the stairs.

------

About an hour had passed and Shayne still wasn't here.

"Did you ask him to come?" Joven said.

"Yeah I'm sure I did!"

"Did he reply?" Lasercorn said.

"Uhhh I think so? Lemme check my messages."

I scrolled through my messages with Shayne until I found the one that said: