eleven

Ericka's POV

I was sat in the hospital, tears stained my face as Wes lay sleeping next to me. I rested my head in my hands and started crying even more.

I stopped when I heard a cough. I looked up to see Wes, awake. barely, but awake.

"Wes! You're awake!"

"B...b....Boze?" He said weakly.

"Boze? It's me Ericka."

"E...Ericka?"

"Yes Wes!"

"Why are you h...here?" He looked very confused.

"Why wouldn't I be? You saved my life!"

"But you're popular!"

"And?"

"I'm a nobody!" He looked saddened.

"No you're not Wes! You're amazing! You're my hero!"

Wes smiled a bit.

"Really?"

"Yes. Now let me go and get the nurse."

———————

Shayne's POV

Mr Carlton stood at the front of the assembly hall.

"As many of you may be aware, Mr Dixon has sadly passed away."

Nobody said a word.

"Through the tragic events that have occurred in the past few days, many children and adults were rescued. Many of them have decided to come to our school."

Still, nobody spoke.

"So I would like to welcome:

Damien Haas!"

My best friend walked up to the front of the hall and smiled. Most people clapped but not everyone, some people stayed silent.

"Raven Reyes!"

An attractive girl with brown hair and green eyes walked to the front and stood next to Damien. She smiled too and rolled her eyes.

"Jay Rite!"

A small, awkward girl scuttled to the front and stood next to Raven.

"Kaelyn Topp!

Khali Topp!"

Both of my cousins walked to the front. They were twins, they weren't identical though. Kaelyn favoured her mother's looks, my aunt's. She had grey eyes and light brown hair like me. But Khali favoured her father, dark hair and eyes.

Finally, my little sister walked up to the front after Mr Carlton called her name.

"Venus Topp."

I haven't seen Venus in years. Our parents split when we were very young and while she lived with our mother, I lived with our father. That's also why we went to different schools.

God, she's grown up so much. We were in the same school year, however we were not twins. My mother fell pregnant with Venus almost instantly after I was born. She was born in August and me in September.

"I would also like to announce our new deputy head, Mr Bereta!"

——————

Courtney's POV

I was walking through the corridors and looking for my brother when I heard a faint voice. It was coming from the performance corridor, where nobody goes during school hours unless there's a show on; which there wasn't.