twelve

Courtney's POV

I was sat in homeroom with everyone sat around me, Shayne, Ericka, Mari and Sohinki, to name a few.

Our tutor, who was also my history teacher, Mr Bereta, was stood at the front taking about something I didn't care about.

But then, he said something that caught my attention.

"Ok boys and girls, and... others"

"my dad's a lawyer." some emo kid from the back said.

"Yes travis, we all know your dad is a lawyer. Anyway, prom."

"Prom? It's late September?" Ericka shouted.

"Yes, I thought you might say that. So since Mr Dixon's sad passing, Mr Carlton has stepped up and changed some rules... some for the better, others... debatable."

"So when's it happening?" Some other girl from the front asked.

"Halloween." Mr Bereta said, before blocking his ears, in good fashion too. Everyone in the room, well, all the girls and some boys, started shouting about it being on Halloween.

"What if we have other plans?" I shouted

"Yes Ms. Miller, we took that into consideration. And we're sorry, it's one or the other."

Everyone wen silent and stayed that way, accepting defeat.

"But in unrelated news, there's a school trip to Iceland that you have the option to go to in a few weeks. Countries from all over the world have heard about recent devastating events and have offered free trips to all the schools in the area. There are only twenty available spaces and petrol and stuff aren't cheap. So it'll be one hundred dollars each."

A few people murmured in agreement and a few people, including me, put their hands in the air while Mr Bereta walked round and handed us all letters.

But the only person who I'm close friends with, was Shayne freakin Topp.

—————

Anthony's POV

I walked to lesson on my own, depressed. I couldn't find any of my friends again and Noah and Olivia had been all over each other for the past week. Depressing.

I wasn't watching where I was going and I was walking quite fast, so when I turned the corner and bumped into someone, we both fell over.

"I'm so sorry." I said as I stood up. I offered to help the kid up but when he looked at me I saw something I didn't expect.

Tom.

He was on his own, and he was crying. He quickly got up and walked briskly down the corridor.

Huh.

—————

It was the end of the day and I was walking home with Shayne, Damien and Keith. Shayne and I weren't super close with Keith but we were going in the same direction so we decided to walk together. Damien didn't really know me or Keith, but he's actually a pretty chill dude.

"Did you guys hear that prom will be on Halloween this year?" Shayne said.

"Yeah. They told us in homeroom this morning. But they also said they'll probably do another one later in the year. So I guess this is kinda like a pre-prom?" Keith said.