fifteen

Shayne's POV

It was four am. I hadn't slept. I was awake, anxiously waiting for my school bus to take me to the airport. I was mainly waiting for Courtney.

I was sat on my windowsill, watching out of the window. I had already left my mom a note to tell her I'd left and my suitcase was waiting next to the front door.

The whole scene was silent. Not a single thing made a noise. It was such a quiet, peaceful atmosphere, until my phone buzzed. It was from Courtney.

"We almost at yours. Get ready x"

I smiled and walked out of my bedroom. I kissed my mom on the forehead before leaving and quietly walked down the stairs. I slipped my black Nike Roches on my feet and slung my backpack over my back.

My phone buzzed again. It was Courtney, again.

"Outside x"

I grabbed my suitcase and unlocked the door. I stepped outside into the cold autumn air and closed the door behind me.

The school bus doors opened and Mr Bereta stepped out. He ran over to me and picked up my suitcase as I locked the door.

"C'mon, we're late."

I slipped my keys into my pocket as Mr Bereta and I rushed towards the bus. He threw my suitcase into the compartment at the side and I got on the bus as the compartment closed and Mr Bereta hopped on behind me.

"Go!" He said to the driver.

We sped off down the road as I walked to the back of the bus. I saw Courtney smiling three rows from the back, so I sat with her.

As I was walking down the bus. I barely recognised anyone. And the only person who I was actually friends with was Courtney.

"Hey." She said.

"Hi." I grinned.

"You have such a stupid smile."

"You're stupid."

"Shut up bitch." She said giggling while I was still grinning widely.

——————

We arrived at the airport pretty quickly, it only took us like fifteen minutes from my house; since I was in fact the last one on the bus.

Turns out our flight was delayed, so we had to wait three hours before we could get on a plane anyway, so the rush was unnecessary.

We were all quite hungry after two hours of waiting in the airport; so we decided to get Burger King for breakfast.

I sat down on one of the only available tables and Courtney sat opposite me. We talked for a few minutes until some guys came up to us.

There was four seats on our table and we were only taking up two, so they were asking if they could sit with us.

The guy who spoke to us was blonde, while the guy stood next to him had dark hair and they both sported bright blue eyes.

"Hey uh, are these seats taken?"

"No, go ahead man." I replied, smiling.

"Thanks." The dark haired one said.

"This is Sam by the way, and I'm Colby." The dark haired one spoke again.

"Shayne, and this is Courtney."

"Nice to meet you." We all kind of mumbled among ourselves as we shook hands.

As Colby grabbed Courtney's hand, he kissed it and she blushed.

My brows furrowed. Colby was a pretty boy, no denying that, and seemed like a cool dude... but I'd prefer it if he left her alone.