Chapter One

Written at the request of : RavusWolf

O N E

'Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back.'

- Han Lue

"This is bullshit!", he yelled out as the judge finished making his statement. 

Brian and Mia tried to calm him down as the judge turned to him with a smirk on his face but he wouldn't calm down and ended up in cuffs led away by the officer placed at the back of the courtroom. 

He was so used to being in cuffs with him and his brother always fighting to protect one another and doing illegal races for some extra cash.

When he was released from the cuffs with a warning, he just rolled his eyes at the cop who shoved him. Brian clutched his shoulder as the three of them walked away already planning a way to get Dom out of this messy situation.

And the only way to do that was to make it messier.

-

"Zack, Mia, stay clear until I give you the GO. Here," he handed them a gun just in case but Zack held up his trusty revolver and handed his back. "I think I'm good. I'm not a rookie anymore, Bry," Zack ran his fingers through his messy hair and Brian caught sight of the tattoo of Letty's name on his younger brother's wrist. 

"Stay close. I don't care."

They glared at one another before walking to their chosen ride. Mia tried to diffuse Brian's anger at the situation but he pretended there was nothing left to say about it.

"He's just a little on edge since Letty's-um, yeah."

Mia knew what Letty meant to him so for her to bring up her name at a time like this was nerve wracking. He'd be driving with his thoughts wrapped around the woman who had been his everything.

"I'm okay but I won't let him treat me like a kid anymore," Zack huffed as he got into his borrowed car. He hadn't wanted to drive him '67 Impala since it most likely wouldn't survive what Brian had planned to save Dom.

He let down his sun visor and stared at the image of Letty and him at one of Dom's infamous Sunday barbecues. She had let him hold her close in front of all their friends, well family, and they were smiling at each other in every way possible. 

"Ride or die, remember."

-

Brian yelled at him through the walkie as they maneuvered around the bus until everyone was in position. 

Just as the bus flipped once they were done with their strategy, the older O'Conner asked if everyone was alright. Zack groaned as his side felt very sore and he felt blood dripping down his forehead. A splitting headache and possible broken ribs were okay if he saved Dom.

"Zack, answer me."

"I'm breathing okay."

"We can't stay to look for Dom. Leave your car and come with me and Mia."

He could barely move but when he opened his door, he stumbled out and over to Mia who hugged him tightly before pushing him into the backseat. She climbed in as well making sure he was alright as Brian drove. Zack fell asleep with her stroking his hair and telling him that it was all going to be okay.

'If no one can do it, I trust you to do it.'

Letty's smile was radiant as Zack stared at her from behind his eyelids. He smiled in his sleep as the pain slowly faded.