Sixteen

Sorry for the late update😇

"Wrong team, bitch!"

- Letty

"That's definitely Letty," Brian admitted as the team watched surveillance footage while all of them  waited for Hobbs to make an appearance to give them all the details on the whos, whats, and wheres.

Zack chewed on his nails as he sat in a chair still wondering how all of this happened and he had no idea about it. Something like this usually put everything in perspective and he believed it was telling him that maybe he and Letty were meant to be. No amount of splitting them up could save them from each other. They'd always find themselves together.

He wanted to find Letty and see if what they had before all of this mess happened could be salvaged.

Maybe they could start fresh and finally put this stuff with the team to rest and actually go legit with their savings. He knew it could happen and he was willing to work toward it.

"Finally something I can work with," Tej acknowledged the weapons and the technology all around them as they entered the room where Zack and Brian were just sitting in wait for all of them to come up. "This is something I can get used to."

Roman glanced around and watched Gisele and Brian checking out the guns.

His eyes found something interesting to bother and it happened to be the map that you could clearly manipulate with the touch of your hand.

"Do y'all smell that? It smells like baby oil..."

"You keep running your pie hole you gon' smell some ass kicking," Hobbs announced as he walked into the room.

"Here you are, Hobbs. The best crew in the world standing right in front of you," Dominic started as Hobbs and another female agent walked in. "Give 'em a reason to stay."

"Our target's Owen Shaw, former major in the SAS SpecOps who ran the UK's mobility division in Kabul and Basra," Hobbs stated tossing down a file that exposed a picture of their target guy.

"Ah damn. Mobility division is the truth," Tej announced. "We talking vehicular warfare. Best in the world."

Roman asked Han if he had more chips but finding that the bag was empty, he started asking for change for the vending machine.

"For years, they been running jobs in Europe and their most recent job that graduated them to a whole new level is three targets... highly specific. A program terminal from an ICBM missile and the poison pill computer virus from an NSA-"

Roman began asking for change from Tej and made Hobbs stop in his speech.

"You're a millionaire and you still trying to ask for money?", Tej shook his head as he handed the man some coins.

"That's how you stay a millionaire," Roman finished.

Zack and Brian rolled their eyes at the dark skinned man.

Hobbs continued talking.

"Hey, which one of these is a quarter?!", Roman yelled.

Hobbs shot the machine and Roman grabbed him a few snacks not bothered by Brian's chuckling at his friend's always present appetite.

"I want you to help me catch Shaw. He only has one piece left that he needs and I intend to stop him before he gets to it. I know you guys are a family and so I'm offering you a chance to make that family whole again...", Hobbs threw down the recent photo of Letty on the table and everyone's face seemed to just fill with sadness.

Everyone who didn't know about Letty glanced over to Zack, Dom, and Brian who had been the closest to her.

"You want to help us make this family whole again. Get us to Letty, we get Shaw, and full pardons all around," Brian demanded.

Everybody looked to Hobbs and Dom seemed happy about Brian's take charge to get them something more out of the deal than just their good friend.

"I can't promise you that."

"Yes, you can," Brian insisted.

Dom stood beside Brian with a smug look.

"That's the deal. Take it or leave it..."

Everyone stood beside Dom and Brian with the same look because they were a family.

"You get me Shaw. I'll get you your pardons," Hobbs said finally.

-

Hobbs filled them in and they coordinated a plan to catch them on traffic cams and anything of the like until they could formulate their next target.

"Already taken care of? We caught one of their guys," Hobbs informed them.

"We're tracking him and he's going to make the deal with the leader. If he can get us a verification of his identity then we move in," the female agent spoke up as she gestured to the screen that was blinking red.

Everyone got into their cars and drove to their designated checkpoints. Zack, Brian, and Dom took up the front while the others panned out a little more.

As soon as the identification had been made and Tej gave the go ahead to the agents that were going to arrest the leader, he realized that something wasn't right. The line went dead and several explosions went off trapping in most of the agents and killing a few that were too late.

Dom moved in and was cut off by an identical vehicle similar to the one that they were chasing.

Zack noticed another car take off in the other direction and hurried to follow it. Brian decided to help Dom catch the bigger fish.

As Zack drove he noticed the swerving of the car ahead of him. The car pulled off to some back allergy road and he followed despite the tight fit. He bumped the bumper and as they got out of the alley, the car went into a spiral.

Once it slowed to a stop, he got out but he didn't remove his gun. Something just told him not to. So he didn't.

When he saw the driver, his whole world seemed to stop.

"Letty," he breathed out in relief.

But she seemed like a caged animal as she looked at him and raised her gun.

He called her name again and this time she shot him in the arm. It stung and he fell to the hood of his car clutching the wound so he could apply pressure.

"Zack! Zack! Where are you?!", he heard Brian's voice through the walkie in the car just before he heard a squealing of tires.

She left him...