Chapter Two

T W O

'Money will come and go. We all know that. The most important thing will always be the people in this room. Right here, right now.'

- Dom Toretto

Zack frowned as he sat on the train facing the window with his ear buds in each ear. He chewed on his right thumbnail and ignored the feeling of the cold metal pressed against his left hand. Letty's face kept popping into his head but he didn't want to think about that right now. Her death had been harsh for all of them but it hit him the worst as he remembered that day.

/

"Do you really expect to win with this?", a dark haired woman leaned on Zack's car and he looked up after finishing his last check up. "Might as well drop out now going up against me and all," she smirked pushing curly strands of her hair from her face.

Zack glanced up with a blank face. He tried to hide the nerves and keep focused but she was pushing him to believe what he's been told by so many others.

"I'm okay," he mumbled slamming shut the hood and walking over to the driver's side.

"Welcome, okay. My name is Letty Ortiz, the chick that's going to whip you out of $2500 dollars."

Zack laughed but he didn't notice how Letty had moved closer. She was watching him trying to see if she was getting under his skin but it was hard to tell. Maybe he didn't rock with girls?

"Hey Zack! I got you a beer," a blonde chick walked over wearing red short shorts and a gold glitter bra holding two beers in hand.