Seventeen

Mia wasn't there to stitch him up so he relied on Gisele to patch him up and she did a good job.

"Thanks," Zack said as he hopped off the table and took a swig of liquor that she had given him to numb the pain.

"You're welcome."

"She's crazy. No one wants to admit that the girl has gone loca. She shot you and you still want to go find her," Roman opened his big mouth and started spewing his usual antics.

Zack just rolled the bullet around in his fingers as he thought about how the gun looked. It didn't seem like the regular glocks that most people carried or even a revolver. Something European.

"Maybe you need to sit this one out? Our Letty may be gone forever," Brian spoke up as he finished his call home and came over to stand beside his little brother. "Maybe she's just changed..."

"I don't believe that. And if you think Dom believed that about you when you left, then there really isn't anything left to be said," Zack snapped as he took another swig of alcohol go ease the pain and alleviate the frustration Brian was causing.

He let his brother pat him on the back but when Dom came over, he shook his head. If Dom told him what Brian just did then he was walking out of there and going to find his girl on his own.

"We don't turn our back on family, Zack. Even when they do..."

Brian lowered his head and sighed at the realization that somethings were better left unsaid.

Dom took the bottle from him and helped him down from the table he still sat atop of. They shared a hug before Zack went off to whatever part of the loft that he could find to rest for a bit.

//

"Miss me?", Letty asked as she got out of the car and stepped over to where Zack was fixing up a bike.

"You were gone for two hours, Let. Not two days," he said as she leaned over and gave him a peck on the lips.

"So... Does that mean you didn't miss me? Or has this bike taken my place?"

Zack laughed at her pouting face.

"Why would you be jealous of a bike?"

"Because..."

He put down his tools and wiped the grease from his fingers before standing up and closing the distance between them hugging her around the waist.

"Because what?"

"You touch it more than you touch me."

He shook his head as deep laughter rumbled from within. That was not true. She knew it.

"Come on then let me give you a check up," he joked placing his hands under her shirt and sliding them along her bare skin.

Catching his bottom lip between her teeth, she pulled him in for a wet, open mouthed kiss.

"Hey kids! Stop that!", Vince broke them from their kiss but Letty and Zack still smiled happily into each other's eyes.

"You stop being a pervert!", Letty yelled flipping him off and pulling Zack by the shirt into the garage.