01

"Hey," Hina said as she put her food tray in the table across Koeun. "you look so gloomy, it looks like you're suffering for the finals when in fact its only the first day of school."

"Yeah, good morning to you too."Koeun answer as she took a bite on her chicken sandwich that serves as her breakfast since she woke up late that morning. But to her luck, the classes were postponed for one hour because of the emergency meeting the whole faculty has.

Hina just ignore the grumpy attitude of her friend and sat in front of her. "Koeun-ah I have a news to you." She excitedly exclaim.

"Really? What is it? That must be so interesting!" Koeun mutter in such an obviously sarcastic tone.

"I hate you! Why are you like this to me?" Hina said and pouted.

"Like what?" She ask playing innocent, that makes Hina to stomp her feet like a five-year-old kid.

"Fine! Fine, what's your oh so great news?" Koeun ask while giggling due to her bestfriend's childishness.

"Our school has a lot of transferees this year." She said and stare at Koeun as if waiting for her reaction.

"And?" Koeun ask just to keep to the conversation going.

"And," she replied after sipping on her strawberry milk shake. "two of them are our classmate."

"And?" Koeun ask with a furrowed eyebrow. Still trying to understand her bestfriend's point in this conversation.

"You really don't care huh?" Hina questioned her and she nod. Hina just sigh as if giving up on Koeun before excitedly snap her fingers as if she remembered something.

"What?" Koeun queried due to Hina's suspicious smile.

"I'm sure this one will caught up your attention!" Hina said in a high pitch tone and Koeun just mumble a soft whatever while munching on her food.

"One of them is the one who won first place in the rap battle competition where Taeyong-sunbaenim won as second place." Hina explained in her overly jolly high pitch tone.

"What's his name again?" Koeun asked as she put down her drink. She wasn't really good on remembering names, specially someone whom she didn't know.

Koeun got curious all of a sudden that makes Hina smile. "Mark." Hina answered.

"Mark? An English name?" Koeun said with a creased forehead.

"Yeah, I heard he's from Canada that's why." Hina mumble as she fix her bag on the chair beside her.

"Canada, really? I would love to go there, maple country!" Koeun said with dreamy eyes, finally enjoying their conversation.

"Oh come on Koeun you wouldn't see Mr. Goblin there. Let him and Euntak alone!" Hina said as she slightly slap Koeun's hand.

"For your information I like Grim Reaper more."

"But he's madly in love with Sunny. So just leave them alone too." Hina said, raising her voice a little.

"Fine, then I'll date Jung Joon-hyung then." Koeun said with a smile.

"Too bad he's already dating Kim BokJoo. Do you wanna die?" Hina replied with a smirk.

"Yes, in the name of love." Koeun with a giggle.

Hina just rolled her eyes for ninth time today. "This is getting nonsense. I can't believe I'm having this conversation with you."

"Oh. Anyway what's our room number again?" Koeun asked that made Hina roll her eyes again.

"One hundred twenty seven."

•••

Its only twenty minutes left before their first class will going to start. Koeun and Hina are walking down to their classroom or practically Hina dragging Koeun down to their room.

A lot of people, well mostly females were giggling around.

"The transfer student, I swear he looks hot."

"Yes he is, he also looks cute in his hairstyle."

"Ooh, the transfer student was a very hot topic huh?" Hina whispered to Koeun as they walk.

"I see, so please don't state the obvious." Koeun said as if she didn't care but deep inside she's curious as hell.

What's so interesting about him? Koeun thought.

•••
@mianhaebae