The Best Way to Find Out if the Feeling is Mutual - Hajime x Reader (pt. 1)

"Hey [f/n], something bothering you? You've been super quiet this whole evening?" Nico asked.

"Yeah...I'm all good, thanks though."

The five of you, Jyugo, Rock, Uno, Nico, and yourself were all laying out in Cell 13. How you had gotten to Nanba was a pretty long story. Somehow, you had gained a creepy stalker back home. Your family was uber rich, so they tried countless ways of getting rid of him, but he still persisted in his stalkerish ways. It got bad enough that your parents payed to gain information regarding the top secret location of Nanba Prison. You had connections with people within the workforce there, so it wasn't terribly difficult arranging for you to stay there for a while, at least until the stalker was caught or stopped hanging around where you lived. Until then, it would be impossible for him to find you at Nanba.

You liked it here, for the most part. Sometimes, it was very noisy and chaotic, but it was never boring, and that you were grateful for. It helped to keep your mind off of the messed up situation back at home. Plus, there was Hajime...He was particularly nice to you, letting you stay in the spare night duty room in his building, Building 13.

"Thinking about home?" Uno asked.

"No, I almost like it better here," you reply, smiling a little. You had instantly become friends with all the other guards and inmates in all the buildings. Much to the annoyance of Hajime, you even liked to spend many nights in cell 13. You were closest to these guys, and you had a lot of fun together. You even got to participate in some midnight break-outs with them!

"More like she's thinking about Hajime!" Rock said, giving you a light sock on the shoulder.

"Hey! No I'm not!"

The others laughed as you tried hard not to die from embarrassment.

"It's okay, [f/n], he obviously has a thing for you, too," Jyugo said.

"You really think so?" You say, looking down at your hands.

"Yeah, of course he does! Have you been paying any attention at all?"

"Have you seen the way he looks at you?"

The four of them seemed so sure, but you really couldn't believe it. Turning over, you decided to just go to sleep. All of this was making you sad. You really liked Hajime, but there was just no way he could have feelings like that for you.

"She doesn't usually go to sleep this early," Uno said, quietly so as not to wake you back up.

"Yeah, I think it's something to do with Hajime that's really bringing her down. She was talking about it yesterday. She doesn't think he likes her back...," Jyugo said, hugging his knees up to his chest.

"Well it's obvious to us," Nico said.

They sat in silence for a minute. Then Uno's eyes lit up and he had an idea.

"Guys! Let's help [f/n]!" he said.

"How?" Rock asked, "I mean...We've been telling her to tell him how she feels, but I don't see what more we can do..."

"Simple. We make him jealous! We flirt with her until he can't take it anymore and confesses." Uno said, "It's clearly the best way to find out if he likes her back!"

The other three looked at him like he was crazy.

"If we do that and we're right about him liking her, we will be in for some serious punishment! Like, honestly, Hajime will make us die! He will kill us and it will definitely hurt!" Jyugo said.

"C'mon man, just do it!" Uno coaxed.

"No way, he already beats me up once or twice a day!" Jyugo protested.

"That's because YOU keep trying to escape," Rock argued, "I'm in. Let's do this!"

"Yay! Me too! I wanna help [f/n], too!" Nico said, smiling.

"It's decided then," said Uno.

~Timeskip brought to you by Upa's cute cactus+Samon's obnoxious red eyeliner :)

"Role call!" Hajime was standing outside the cell, holding a clipboard.

"Number 69!"

"Here."

"You have bed-hair," he said, "Number 25!"

There was some giggling and incoherent muttering in response to this.

"What are you laughing about?" This was always how it went with Nico, though..., "Number 11!"

"Yup, I'm here."

"That's an awful lot of product you have there." Hajime sighed, bracing himself for the last one, "Number 15!"

"Here."

Hajime looked up, almost confused. He'd been bracing himself for no response because Jyugo was hardly ever in his cell for role call (actually, hardly ever just in general...). Next to him was [f/n], the long-term visitor.

"[f/n], you know you really aren't supposed to be sleeping in here," the bald guard said, looking pointedly at you.

"Yeah, well, I like it with these guys," you reply.

"Do it now, Jyugo!" Uno whispered so that Hajime couldn't hear.

Jyugo grit his teeth. Hajime's really gunna kill me for this, he thought.

Putting an arm around your shoulders, Jyugo winked at you and said, "I found a pretty nifty spot that we could go later. It's secluded, so we could be alone for a while."

You had been informed of the plan this morning, so you played along.

"Oh, I'll have to see if I can work that into my schedule. Hajime isn't letting me stay here free of charge, you know. I gotta help out with some chores, but maybe later."

"Alright, you just let me know."

"She has a lot of work to do today, so your little meeting may have to wait for another day. You know what you can do in the meantime? STAY IN YOUR CELL!"

Jyugo, Rock, Uno, Nico, and you all turned to look at the supervisor. He did NOT look very happy.

"[f/n]! You come with me, you have stuff to do." And Hajime stalked away.

"It's working!" Uno said once you and the supervisor were out of earshot.

Jyugo still sat in the corner, shaking slightly. Before Hajime had left, he had given Number 15 a deathglare that only Hajime could give. 

"Guys, Hajime's really gunna kill me this time."