Supervisors x Reader - [More] Injured (2)

Q: Favorite Cell group?

Lol so going into this, just be aware that I have no real medical knowledge - Whether this is how medical stuff works or not... Just go with it oki?

--

Well, it turned out the injuries you sustained at the tournament were significantly more severe than Doctor Otogi had thought. Not long after the other supervisors left, he conducted more tests, during which you actually passed back out. Out cold in a coma. As soon as he informed the Warden and your Building's other staff, the word spread like soft n slippery butter. Soon those same four supervisors were back in the medic ward, demanding why you were unconscious again.

"Are you serious? What did you do to her!?" Samon gasped.

"I didn't do a damn thing! Her body failed her!"

The doc did not like being blamed for this. The other men acted protective over you and your well-being, when it seemed none of them actually knew how medicine and shit worked. It was like dealing with unnerved children.

Kenshirou's face was stony in seriousness.

"Her condition has worsened that much?" he asked coolly, concern rolling in his eye. "Do you have any idea when she'll wake up again?"

"No. We're monitoring her very carefully though. And she isn't dead, so I wouldn't lose hope."

The melancholy attitude had stripped the air of all else. The five people standing near your bed watched as the appropriate machines beeped and the surrounding chords and wires were doing their job of keeping you alive while in a vegetable state. You had gone at your 100% level of effort at the New Year's Tournament, so your body and mind needed to recharge and sort themselves out before you could do anything consciously. For the time being, your empty dreams ruled your days and nights.

The men took turns staying with you as you slept. It was not ideal, but in case you woke up at a random hour, they wanted someone to be there to comfort you and explain to the medics.

"She's been out for a week," Kiji noted when that length of time had passed.

"That's a long time to be out," Hajime replied.

Your sleeping face had been pretty much all that these men had been able to focus on in between their actual workloads. Your coma was not easing up. No one was happy. There was an edge throughout Nanba Prison... Notifications about your health condition were updated for all guards. It was a dark week.

When you did finally awaken, Kenshirou was the one at your bedside. He quickly alerted the others plus the doctor. It was early one morning, and the dog guard had been drifting off to sleep himself, when you had stirred under the bedsheets.

"(F/n)?" he had asked tentatively.

You did not seem to hear his call, but you did sit up and rub your eyes shakily.

"She's up!"

~Short Timeskip~

The doctor and his wife examined your body, checking vitals and your exterior with a keen service. Nothing major seemed to be amiss. Your other injuries had healed nicely, even when you were blacked out. Your heart seemed relatively okay.

"We're glad you're awake," Samon said, giving you a relieved smile as the doctor unhooked some tubes from your arm.

Your head tilted to the side a bit, and there was something definitely wrong. They could see it now. Your eyes were confused. There was a whisper of a moving blanket as you rotated to gaze at the men present. Hajime, Samon, Kiji, and Kenshirou watched as you seemed to be thinking hard. No recognition crossed your eyes, not in the three excruciatingly long minutes you took considering their faces.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" you asked after too long of a pause.

The men gaped at you, eyes wide in concerned amazement. What the heckle dickle was this? Amnesia or what?

"I... We..."

Even Kiji, who usually had something to say, was unable to formulate a sentence in response.

Hajime looked about ready to march up to you, but the doctor shot him a look. It was best if this was handled carefully, and basically Hajime was not known to be the most gentle of guys.

"What's her deal, huh?" Hajime growled instead, giving Otogi a hard stare.

The grey-haired man shook his head and indicated for the supervisors to exit the space in order to chat.

To you, this was perplexing. These people seemed to know you somehow, but you could not connect any of the dots. Your mind desperately tried matching their features to your bank of memories, but it was blank. Nearly everything was a gigantic blank. You knew your family, you could remember your childhood and school. But nothing after that. Nanba-related items had vanished with your coma.

Outside, your supervisor friends exploded with questions that the doctor had to wade through in a cursing ditty. This was a serious matter. Amnesia was a big deal, and there had never been an instance of it in guard history.

"Will she ever regain her memories?" Kiji asked.

"I cannot say for certain," was the gruff answer. "Some people do, but there have also been examples of people losing their memories forever."

The four men hated that idea. If that happened, you would likely be unable to work at Nanba anymore. That would have been a death toll on all of their aching hearts.

~Timeskip brought to you by the Gogyousan undergound prison~

The breakroom was downright miserable. Your lost memories were tragic, and honestly, no one felt like talking. Heading separate ways in silence, the big boys of the Warden's elite went back to drown themselves in paperwork.

In Building 13, a disheartened/grumpy Hajime shoved Cell 13 back into Cell 13 (LOL) and gave them words of pointless warning. Uno could tell something was up.

"Why's the gorilla so moody today?" he asked, squeezing his face between the bars as best he could.

"Why should I tell you?" Hajime mumbled.

"Is it something to do with (F/n)'s memories being lost?"

"How would you know about that?! We only just found out!"

Uno grinned wide, and Nico turned to Jyugo and Rock saying, "Uno's a madman!"

"You're good friends with her right? So it's your job to help her out!"

"Do NOT lecture me, inmate!"

"If you want her to remember you, the best you can do is remind her what made y'all good friends in the first place!"

All the way in Building 5, Samon was getting similar advice from Liang, Upa, and Qi. Although they were less OUT THERE and obnoxious than Uno, they saw it as a friend's duty to do the best they could given the circumstances.

"I could even try administering her a potion or drug to try to spark her memory," Qi suggested, although the ethicality of that without the doctor's approval could be questionable.

A few more days passed, with no better results. You still had no idea who they were. To them, it was awful. Every day it hurt a little more. There was no substitute for the brightness you brought to the table, the fun they used to have together.

"A plan! We need some sort of plan!" Samon exclaimed in frustration when it was obvious your memories could not return quickly on their own.

"Take it easy, we have to stay calm about this," Kenshirou said.

"I miss her," Samon groaned.

"I know. So do I, but we can't rush her healing," Kiji said.

--

This is so bad I'm sorry ack

LMK if you see any typos.