Kenshirou x Reader - Blind Date/Kiji's Makeup

I know blind dates are technically between people who have not met, but in this scenario you and Kenshirou sort of know each other already...

--

Your friends were setting you up on a blind date. You had never been on one of these, but honestly, after beginning to work at Nanba, your love life was kind of suffering. Obviously, the prison was filled to the brim with (hot) dangerous criminals so your days were also filled to the brim with containing them.

Samon had come up with the idea, offering to set you up with someone extra special.

"You're setting (F/n) up with someone?" Hajime muttered, rolling his eyes. "I wonder who in the world it could possibly be."

His sarcasm was followed by a little smirk. Everyone knew the dog guard was smitten with you. As soon as you entered the Nanba ranks, he had completely forgotten about the Warden. His puppydog eye only saw you these days, but his stone cold attitude made it easy for you to remain oblivious to his pining.

"This is Kenshirou's big chance!" Samon said, raising a fist in triumph.

"What are you talking about?" the supervisor of Building 4 asked.

"Your golden opportunity to get a date with (F/n)!"

"Wha-Whaaat?"

Kenshirou's brow creased with anxiety and he pulled his pink cape tighter around his frame. If you heard this type of talk, then his secret was done for!

"Since you don't have the balls to ask her out yourself, the stupid monkey is going to set you up on a blind date with her," Hajime explained, managing to insult both of his colleagues at the same time.

Once Kiji heard the news, he was as excited as a skippy bird.

"Oooh!" he said, clapping his hands together in entertained joy.

"Shh! Don't tell her who it is, though!" Samon warned.

~Timeskip brought to you by the feathers on Kiji's uniform~

You sneezed as new scents filled the air. Kiji was spraying perfume around you, giving the room the same smells as a field of (your favorite flowers). The stuff jammed up your nose for a second, but the sneeze solved the issue, and your friend gazed down at you in pity.

"Not accustomed to perfume?" he asked.

"Not exactly, no," you replied.

He had offered to help you get ready for your date. You were excited to see who Samon had arranged for you to meet that night. You had a few guesses, but you loved surprises, so you tried not to dwell on the guessing aspect of it too heavily. This would be a cute little adventure.

"Wow!" you exclaimed when you saw all of Kiji's makeup supplies.

Palettes covered the desk, coming in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors. He rubbed in some primer, then started blending in some foundation. Eyes, lips, brows, hair... All of it was handled with care. The entire time he was working on your face, he hyped you up. By the end of the session, you were just about ready to tell him he should consider switching careers to become a makeup artist or cosmetics expert! He seemed way more passionate about it than prison work.

Kiji dabbed your cheeks twice more with an airy touch before saying, "There! Now look in the mirror and tell me what you think."

He snapped a palette shut as he handed you a shiny new mirror.

As you gazed at your reflection, you were impressed. Again, you thought he should probably consider this as a career. Your face looked great, not too much, not too little. There was some fun color happening on your eyelids and your lips. Not a bad look!