One Chance, Pretty Boy - Honey x Reader

"[f/n], oh please, just a little of your time!" the inmate known as Honey called to you as you walked by.

You were a new inmate, freshly caught from a string of violent robberies that you had orchestrated with your fellow gang mates. You hardly looked like a gang member, but anyone who underestimated you payed for it dearly.

Now, in Nanba Prison, you could finally relax. No more running, having to steal to get money. Life was easy, and you hated to admit it, but you wouldn't mind sticking around for a while longer.

However, this inmate with the purple hair was giving you issues. Honey Honey Honey. He honestly thought he could win you over with just some simple sweet talk? He would have to try a bit harder if he planned to make you his. He complimented you endlessly, trying to charm you with his seductive gaze. But you were accustomed to his type and knew that the key was to find out if he really liked you. Before you engaged in any sort of relationship with the handsome man, you needed proof that his flirting wasn't just because you were the only female inmate in the whole prison.

"Please, [f/n]. Just a moment of your time!" Honey said, coming up to walk with you as you made your way to the gameroom. It was free time for the day, and of course, where else would you go? It was the most entertaining space that inmates could go.

You turned to face Honey.

"Come now, don't you have better things to do than pestering me?" you said.

"You wound me, darling!" he said, a little too dramatically for your taste. At least that's what you would like him to think...You secretly liked his attentions, but again, you weren't going to give in just yet.

"Maybe she just doesn't like you, Honey," Trois said, smiling.

"How could she deny a face as beautiful as mine?" Honey replied, glaring daggers at Trois.

You tossed your head and began walking again.

The three of you finally arrived at the gameroom, and Kiji, who had been your escort there, went to sit with the other supervisors. You went to go say hi to other inmate friends of yours, leaving the two pretty boys standing at the door.

Honey put a hand to his head miserably.

"I don't get it. How are my charms not working on her?" he said, sighing.

"You've met your match," Trois said before moving over to the pool table.

Honey went to play darts with Uno, the inmate from Building 13. As they were playing, Uno noticed him sneaking glances in your direction.

Ah, grumpy Honeybear has a little crush, eh?

Normally, Uno would try to flirt with the female inmate. After all, he was quite the womanizer. However, he thought it would also be interesting to see Honey and you together. Uno and you were friends, and yes, he had tried to flirt with you on rare occasions, but after being close friends, it was hard for him to picture you and him in a real relationship. So, he resolved to help.

"Say, Honeybear. You've been watching [f/n] a lot lately...Could it be that you have a little crush on her?" the gambling inmate asked, winking.

The purple-haired pretty boy threw his dart especially hard before responding.

"And what if I do? Are you going to try to compete with me for her?" he said.

"Relax, I was just asking. Maybe I can help, is all I'm saying," Uno replied, shrugging.

"And why would I trust you to help me?" Honey said, crossing his arms and facing Uno fully.

"Just try acting normal for a bit. Not so...narcissistic. Try being genuine for once," Uno said.

Honey scowled at Uno's advice.

"I don't know...Nothing seems to be working."

"Well, how much do you like her?"

"I don't know the answer to that, either. I guess I've never really liked someone before this, but I know that I like her. It's like she's more than a delicate flower...it's like she's...THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ROSE BUD IN THE WHOLE WORLD!"

"And for a second I thought you were actually going to say something serious...," Uno said, laughing a bit.

"Yeah, well, he's never been good at expressing his true feelings," Trois said, joining Uno and Honey by the dart boards. "Something I have no trouble with because I am the handsomest man in this prison."

"I heard that Trois!"

It was always the same with those two.

"Trois! Am I going insane?" Honey asked suddenly.

"Well, quite possibly."

"That's not helpful!"

"You asked, so I answered,"

Trois started fixing his glasses as he spoke. This just made Honey angry.

"Ooo Honeybear, you better watch that pesky middle finger of yours!" Uno said, putting his hand out to keep Honey from flipping anyone off.

~Timeskip brought to you by Kuu the cat

It was dinner and you were sitting down across from Honey and Trois. It was quiet and awkward for a while, but then Honey broke the silence.

"So...[f/n], how was your day? I didn't see much of you in the gameroom today..."

You looked at him, head tilted to the side.

"It was good," you replied shortly.

And then it was silent again for a while.

"Are you enjoying the food?" Honey tried again after some time.

"I guess so," you replied in a similar manner to the way you had before.

Silence. All three of you sat eating. You finished, wiped your mouth daintily with your napkin, and stood to leave. But just then, Honey stood up, too. He slammed his hands down on the table in front of him. You looked at him in surprise.

"What will it take? Tell me, [f/n]," he said, his voice close to a growl.

He raised his head so that his gaze burned through you as he looked right in your eyes. You felt your heart skip a beat as he stared.

"W-what do you mean?" you stammered.

"You know precisely what I mean. Don't play dumb," he said.

When you didn't reply to this, he continued.

"I've tried working my usual charms on you, but none seem to do the trick. And now, when I try to be sincere and nice, like Uno said...That isn't working either. So tell me! What do I need to do for you to give me a chance?" he said, lowering his gaze to the table.

You stood there shocked. Both you and Honey's typical outer demeanors were gone, replaced with vulnerability. You couldn't speak, you never expected this from him. And now that you finally saw his sincerity, you had no clue how to respond.

"I-I...," you tried to say something, but the words were stuck in your throat.

He pulled his hands off of the table, and came to be directly in front of you. He shamelessly grabbed the front of your shirt and roughly pulled your face up to his.

"What? Spit it out!" he said, angrily.

"Honey! Let her go! You might hurt her!" Trois said, standing in alarm.

Your eyes were locked once again with the purple-haired man's as he held your shirtfront. At Trois's words, you felt Honey loosen his grip, but before he fully let go, you locked your lips with his.

Honey's eyes widened at the contact. As you pulled away, he looked down at you in astonishment.

"[f/n]?" he whispered, questioningly.

"You get one chance, pretty boy," you said, smiling.

"One? I'm sure it will be worth your while, [f/n]," he replied before leaning in to kiss you again.