Chapter 2

2

Plz excuse ant spelling and grammar errors

Jack had full trust in the wind when he flew; it never let him fall or crash into something, so far it hasn’t let him down. The wind had been his first friend on earth and his very best one. Sure the Guardians were his best friends and they were like a family, but Jack will always have a special place in his heart for the wind.

The wind carefully guided Jack through the open window at the North Pole and set him down on the railing in the globe room. He could hear North and Bunny bickering in the corner near the fire place about him always being late. Not my fault if I can’t see the signal. Jack thought to himself. Tooth’s wings were humming somewhere above and to the right of him, the chirping of Tooth’s mini fairies and Tooth's orders almost drowned out Bunny and North. Sandy was nowhere to be heard. Jack decided to sit and wait for the guardians to notice him.

Jack thought about telling the Guardians, but was unsure of himself. What if the kicked him out? Or sent him back? What planet could Jack run to if he couldn’t stay on Earth and hated Asgard? Jack could always go to the frost giants. They like and accepted Jack even know he was Asgardians. He guessed that because he never once tried to kill or hurt one of them and that he had winter powers that they liked him more than another Asgardian. He had met their leader, Laufey; He asked Jack to stay with the frost giants, but Jack turned him down knowing that Jotunheimt would be one of the first places Odin would send people to look.

“Oi! Frostbite, are you blind?! We’ve been waving you over for a while now and you just stared right through us!” Bunny’s voice shocked Jack out of his thoughts. He jumped off the railing and walked towards Bunny's voice. The winter god tapped his staff on the ground lightly so that the guardians wouldn’t notice. In his mind a picture of Bunny, with his arm crossed and North, smiling and shaking his head. Tooth and Sandy must be off the ground where Jack’s waves don’t reach. “Why are you late, again?”

Jack sighed and gave them a devious smile. Should I? He thought.

“You wouldn't believe me if I told you, Kangaroo, but I could use reverse psychology. If I tell you the truth, you would think it’s a lie. If I tell you a lie you will think it’s the truth.” Jack answered.

“That’s cryptic, Jack and you didn’t answer Bunny’s question.” Tooth said taking in Jacks stance; it was if Jack was prepared to run at any moment.

“Well…” Jack hesitated. “I was with my brothers and didn’t see the lights.”

“Pfft. Don’t lie to me Frost. You don’t have brothers.” Bunny growled. Jack rolled his blind eyes and shook his head.

“See told you.” Jack said and walked back over to the railing and sat down. “Might as well tell you the whole story. Take a seat this will take a while.” He heard Tooth’s wings stop humming and the swish of Sandy’s dream sand. Jack assumed that they had all sat down. He took a deep breath and began. “I was born on Asgard 540 something years ago.” He heard the guardian sharp intake of breath, but continued. “My father is Odin, god of lightning and my mother, Joro. My birth name was Jokul Frosti, god of winter. After 220 or so years I got fed up, ran away from Asgard and ended up on Earth.” Jack explained leaving out why he left.

“Ok let’s get this straight. You’re a runaway god from another planet? How did you get picked as a guardian then?” Bunny spoke up. How big of a lie is he going to tell? Come on little Jack Frost can’t be a god! Bunny thought.

“When I arrived on earth, I crashed into the lake near Jamie’s house. The ice a little girl was skating on broke. I got her off the ice and froze it over so no one else would fall in. I took Emily, that’s her name home. Her parents and everyone else in the town couldn’t see me. Later in the night I went back to the lake and the moon whispered ‘Jack Frost’. So that’s what I went by.” Jack took a breath and the continued. “I stayed with Emily until she died. While I was there Loki found me. He told me that Odin assumed I had been kidnapped by the frost giants and sent search parties all over the galaxies. I told Loki not to tell anyone where I was, not even Thor. Ever since then he visits every 20 years or so.”