Aren't You Cold?

Aren't you cold?

"Alright Jack." Banner said. "The chamber is set up and there are benches and couches against the walls." He sighed. "Tony and Loki will be joining you. Tony stupidly bet that he could last longer against Loki in the cold."

Jack just shook his head. "I swear they're going to end up killing each other by the end of the century." He said. Banner grunted in agreement. The blind winter god walked over to the bookshelf and ran his fingers over the spines. He quickly found what he was looking for and pulled it from the shelf.

"I still don't understand why twilight is the only thing shield has in Braille. Are they trying to torture their agents?" Banner asked. Jack shrugged. Jack didn't mind the books, given that they were the only thing around to read. He'd been at shield enough times and bored enough times to have read the first three books in the series.

The blind winter God had left to find more books earlier in the day but only found a few in Braille. So he 'borrowed' them.

"Hey Jack." Loki greeted as he walked in. Tony stomped in behind the mischief god and grunted his hello. By the sound of a high pitch swishing he assumed Tony was wearing a snowsuit. Jack waved his staff and sent a freezing cold wind through the room.

"God that freezing!" Tony squealed in surprise. Jack burst out laughing.

"And you think you're going to last longer than me?" Loki asked.

"It just surprised me!" Tony defended himself.

"Boys!" Banner interrupted Loki's reply.

"What?" All three said at the same time.

"Get in there!" Banner laughed. Tony and Loki started to walk towards the chamber. Jack picked up the rest of his books and followed. As soon as he entered the room Jack tapped his staff against the floor.

The room was exactly as Banner described except there was and large table with four chairs around it. On the table there was a tray of snacks and pop. The condensation had already frozen on the drinks.

"Well what are we going to do?" Tony asked. Jack shrugged. He set his books down on one of the benches in the corner and walked back over to Loki. "I brought cards; they have the little Braille thingys to."

"Why not?" Loki said. "Want to play asshole?"

"I love that game!" Jack smiled. "It's not good with three people though. Could play the old way where we each had two hands?" He suggested.

"Sure, but you'll have to teach me." Tony said.

"I'm sure you will catch on, genius." Jack smirked. After a few rounds Tony finally caught on with Jack's expert instructions. Banner soon announced that it was -10°c and said that he would announce when it was -20°c and every ten degrees after.

Tony was grumbling about how slippery the cards were when he wore gloves and how cold his fingers were when he took them off. The trio continued to play with Jack and Loki tying at three each and Tony with one. Ironman picked up one of the glasses of water and went to take a drink, but Jack heard a 'thunk' and an "Ow!"

"Nice job genius". Jack laughed. The water in the cup had frozen and Tony hadn't noticed. "Oh the irony, what hurt you will now heal you."

"That sounded out of place." Loki said. Jack shrugged. Tony groaned.

"I'm going to have a nap." He grumbled. The billionaire got up and stumble to the nearest couch.

"Now what do you want to do?" Loki asked.

"Rock, paper, scissors?" Jack suggested.

"Or rock, black hole, frosty the snowman?" Loki said. Jack could hear the smile in his brother's voice.