Chapter 13

013

AN: Treehuggeer(guest)- SOPA (stop online privacy act), not yay, but from what I read about it, it's in the USA. I'm Canadian, but it would still affect me. For example if YouTube was blocked in America than American youtubers couldn't upload there content. Which would suck. Good thing Pewdiepie isn't American!

Please excuse spelling and grammar. This was typed on an iPod and autocorrect sucks.

Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me! This story might have 2-3 more chapters plus one-shots I want to do. Also any requests?

"Then we better go." Loki said standing up along with the avengers and guardians.

"Jokul Odinson Frosti, where do you think you are going?" Joro demanded.

"To Earth?" Jack replied nervously.

"No you're not." She said. "Not without a hug."

Jack smiled and gave her a big hug. "I'll visit, I promise." He yelled over his shoulder as he ran to catch up with the others.

When they arrived at the bifrost Heimdall greeted them. "Where to?" He asked unusually informal.

"Burgess." North said. Jack stiffened. 'Jamie!' Jack thought. Heimdall opened the portal to Jack's lake. As soon as they stepped out Tony called for his suit.

"I'm going to check on Jamie." Jack said. There was a chill in the air and it wasn't from him. He could tell it was night and Jamie should be sleeping. He didn't wait for the guardian's approval.  Jack called the wind and flew off. He landed on Jamie's windowsill and pushed the window open.

"J-Jack?" Jamie asked. His voice was shaking.

"Ya it's me kiddo." Jack said.

"Where?" The boy asked. Jack looked confused at the spot where Jamie's voice had come from.

"What do you mean?" Jack asked, worry building in his chest.

"I can't see you." Jamie whimpered. "Everything is pitch black!"

"It's alright Jamie, calm down." Jack said as calm as he could. "Tell me what happened."

"I was reading a-and Pitch came in. Then I couldn't see." He explained. Jack jumped off the windowsill and walked over to Jamie's bed. He picked up the boy. Jamie squirmed in Jack's arms until he realized it was his friend.

"It'll be okay." Jack said more to himself than Jamie. If he showed that he was scared it would make Jamie terrified, only making Pitch more powerful. Thoughts raced through his head. What if Jamie could never see again? Could they fix it? If not what would Jamie's parents say about their suddenly blind child? What if-

"Will I see again?" Jamie asked snapping Jack out of his thoughts.

"I don't know." Jack said heart brokenly. "Hey Jamie, guess what?" Jack smiled slightly. "I can't see either."

"What?" Jamie asked, confused. "Jack, what do you mean?"

"I'm blind." Jack whispered.

"You're just saying that." Jamie said.

"Do I have to fly into a tree to prove it?" Jack asked. Trying to lighten the mood. Jamie laughed a little. "The guardians are at my lake. They might be able to help."

"Why are they all here?" He asked. Laying his head on Jack's shoulder.

"Pitch is back. I thought you knew?" Jack said. He felt Jamie shrug. "Hang on. We're going to fly." Jack walked over to the window. He pushed it open and grabbed his staff and positioned it in the crook of his elbow. He jumped out the window.