Colors

Colors

AN: One shot where Jack over hears a conversation about colors and asks his older brother what it is. Jack is about 6 (in human years). And Thor and Loki are 13ish. Oh and Jack doesn't have his staff yet, but can still create snow and ice. Oh the spelling of color might look wrong to some of you because it is spelled differently in Canada than the USA! Color VS colour!

"I don't know Baldr. I like purple. Not a bright purple, but a more mellow pastel purple." A feminine voice said. Jokul was busy trying to figure out who it was. The boy was guessing it was either Bragi or Nanna. He was sitting on the stairs that lead to a busy hall where the gods talked and socialized. Jokul loved listing to other people talk and try the figure out who they were.

"Not me. I love yellow, bright neon yellow." Baldr said. 'Who's Yellow and Purple?' Jokul thought. He didn't know anybody with those names. The winter god stood from where he was sitting and headed towards Asgard's library. He hoped to find records of Purple or Yellow in the books. Asgard's library held many book in many of different languages and in Braille.

As he walked Jokul could feel the sharp gaze of his guard on his back. Kruger was the annoying man's name. Jokul didn't really hate him; the man was just doing his job.

He finally found the book he was looking for. Jokul flipped thought the pages not finding anything on the mysterious Yellow or Purple, but found nothing. He pulled a Braille dictionary from the shelf and looked up Purple. It said. 'Purple: a color intermediate between red and blue.' The boy only became more confused. So he looked up color. The book spoke of red, blue, green and orange; complimentary colors, tints and shades, but no physical description that would make him imagine it. Jokul shut the book and put it back on the shelf. He walked by were Kruger was sitting, presumably reading. The winter god walked out of the library and started towards his brothers' room.

"Jokul! Where are you going?" Kruger called. Jokul turned to face him giving the man an innocent look.

"To Thor and Loki's room." Jokul smiled.

Kruger sighed. "Okay little buddy. I'll take you there and then go for a brake, okay?"

Jokul scowled. "I'm not little or your buddy!" He whined.

"Sure you're not." Kruger laughed. "You really should put shoes on. Your mother will be mad."The winter god crossed his arms and walked faster. He hated shoes. They made his feet too hot and he liked having the cool floor underfoot. Jokul soon found his brothers room and pushed the door opened and the steps following behind him where gone.

He sighed and stepped further into the room. "Ow!" He yelped. Jokul hopped up and down grabbing his foot.

"Oh sorry Jokul!" Thor said rushing over and picking up his little brother. "I forgot to clean my half of the room."

"Where's Loki?" Jack asked as Thor sat him on his bed. Loki would be better to ask since Thor's not very good at explaining things.

"Over here!" Loki called. Jokul heard a book being closed and Loki's footsteps coming towards him. The god of mischief sat beside him. "Where's what's-his-name?"

"Kruger? He went for a break because I'm with you." Jokul said.

"Did you get bored listing to people?" Thor asked.

Jokul shook his head. "Baldr and some lady where talking about something that I didn't know what it was, so I went to the library and looked it up."

"Oh no..." Thor said worriedly.

"What did you look up?" Loki asked.

"Yellow and purple. It said they where colors. So I looked color up." Jack said. Thor sighed in relief.

"Oh colors. Never did learn about those, did you?" Loki asked. The boy shook his head. "I thought mom would have mentioned it."

"I guess she didn't." Thor said. "Color is easy to explain." He said confidently. "Different things are different colors. Like the sun is yellow, grass is green and the sky is blue."

"That's great Thor, but I still can't see it." Jokul murmured. "Can you smell, feel or hear it?"

"Sadly no." Loki sighed. "It can only be seen."

Jokul frowned. "So I won't see it? Ever?"

Thor put a big hand on his little brothers shoulder. "You never know, Jokul. One day, maybe."

Jokul smiled sadly. Then the winter god suddenly giggled. "What's your favorite color?"

"Red!" Thor exclaimed.

"I like green." Loki said.

"Complimentary colors!" Jokul giggled.

"Whoa." Thor murmured.

"Thor. Did you just notice that?" Loki asked.

"Ummm... Yeah." The thunder god admitted. The two older brothers continued to talk. Jokul got bored and started to play with his magic. He created a snowball and threw it at Thor. "Ow! Jokul!"

"Wanna build a snowman?"

AN: Sorry just had to do that... These aren't going to be published very often, only when I get a chance.