Chapter 6

Plz excuse and spelling or grammar mistakes

AN: Ok there are some temperatures in this. The main one is Celsius, but I included Fahrenheit and Kelvin (?).

6

Jack turned the page of his book; he liked it so far, but was growing restless. He wanted to get up and walk around, but the pain in his leg and the thought of walking into something kept him on the ground. Steve and Tony hadn't returned since Fury left; not that he minded though. It was quiet and cold. Just the way he liked it. Every so often Jack could feel someone try to turn the heat on, but stopped when he would make it colder. He could feel the ship gently rocking back and forth in the wind or waves slowly lulled Jack to sleep with the book still in his hands.

---

"How is he surviving that? I must be -50°c (-58°F/ 223.15°K) in there!" Clint asked. The director had all the avengers except Thor, gathered around a computer screen. On the screen was thermo security camera footage of a boy sitting in Loki's old cell. On the side of the screen the temperature the gage read 30°C (86°F/ 243.15°K) for Jacks body and -47°C (-53.6°F/226.15°K) for the room.

"His body temperature is much lower than a normal human." Banner said. "Who is this boy, Fury? Why is he here?"

"Tony and Steve brought him here." The director said. Tony began to explain what happened at his tower with Steve adding details where Tony missed them, but didn't give any more information about Jack.

"So all you have on this kid is that he's Thor and Loki's little brother, his name is Jack, he fights invisible shadow creatures that you could only see after you put on thermo glasses and he loves the cold? That's not much to go on. For all we know he could have saved Tony and Steve's lives!" Natasha complained. Then she realized someone was missing. "Where is Thor?"

"As far as we know he's with Loki, the Easter bunny, tooth fairy, sandman and Santa." Steve said. Clint laughed. Fury gave him an annoyed look.

"Wait your serious? So we are dealing with myths then?" Clint asked mouth hanging open. "How hard could it be to figure out who he is? His name is JACK, he loves COLD and he’s a myth. Google it!"

"We can do this later, but right now we should let the kid out!" Tony grumbled.

"He's right. The boy looks harmless. Has he even moved? Or tried to attack you?" Natasha asked. Fury shook his head. "Then Let him out. There's no reason for him to be in there."

“How long has he been in there? What has he been doing? Is he injured?” Bruce asked.

“He was, but we took care of it. He’s been in there for about 4 hours. The kid has been reading Braille. Odd though I gave it to him he said he wanted to learn how to read it, but he could read it right off.” Fury explained.

“What book?” Clint asked.

“The only book we had was Twilight. The last time I checked in on him he was ¾ finished it.”

“Come on lets go get him out!” Tony said. Fury grumbled something no one else caught then waved for the Avengers to follow him.

---

Jack woke to the sound of footsteps coming towards him; far away and too quiet to distinguish how many there was, but as they got closer he could here Tony, Steve and the director with 3 other pair’s he didn’t recognize. Jack prepared himself for more questions.

“Where is he?” One man asked as the group walked through the door. Jack shifted his position to cross his legs.

“What do you mean he’s right there!” Tony was saying. “Why can’t they see you?”