Warm or Cold?

Request from Skymuse (fanfiction)

Warm or cold?

Thor notice the small things first, a suppress cough, a sneeze. By the third day he knew that Jack had caught something that had made him sick. He immediately went to find Loki.

"Thor? What's wrong?" Loki asked looking up from his book. They were somewhere in Western Canada. Loki was sitting and under an extremely tall tree reading another book. It was hard to find him without a book.

"Jack is getting sick." Thor said. Loki snapped his book closed. There was nothing worse than a sick Jack since they can't give him any earthy medicines. "He's been coughing and sneezing. He's trying to hide it."

"Great." Loki grumbled. "Where is he now?"

The brothers would need to get what medicines they could into Jack before the sickness got worse. "He went to Russia, to cause a blizzard. Then he was going to the warren to meet Bunny to have a race." Thor said. Loki was gone in a flash of green light.

-----"Love is like a fart, if you have to force it it's probably crap."-----

Loki spotted Jack just below the cloud line. His blue sweater stood out in the white snow clouds. The mischief God whistled up to his younger brother. Jack smiled and waved down at him. He finished guiding the storm to where it can continue alone. The boy flew down to meet his brother.

"Hi Loki! What's up?" Jack greeted happily. Loki looked into Jack's brilliant blue eyes. They seemed off, clouded. His cheeks were lightly flushed and barley noticeable. His knuckles were white. His hands clutched his staff like a life line. Loki suspected that he was in pain.

"Not much. How are you feeling?" Loki asked narrowing his eyes.

"I'm fine." Jack said quickly faking a smile.

"Jack, you can't lie to me. I know you're sick." Loki said.

"No I'm not!" Jack gasped his voice cracking. Then he sighed. "It's just a warm."

"Still sick. You're coming with me." Loki said. Before Jack could react Loki grabbed his arm and teleported to New York in the Stark Towers guest wing. He pulled Jack into one of the empty bedrooms. "Lay down. I'll go make your medications."

Jack grumbled something unintelligible and complied. The blind boy leaned his staff against the wall and pulled the covers down before crawling into bed. Loki went into the bathroom and filled a cup full of water. He set it on the bedside table. "Thanks." Jack grumbled. Loki could tell his throat was sore from the tone.

"I'll be back. Stay in bed." Loki said emphasizing each word. His little brother sighed and snuggled into the covers. The mischief god turned the thermostat down as he left. He walked into the living room were Tony was watching TV.

"Hey reindeer games, what's up?" Tony asked looking over his shoulder.

"I need you to watch Jack." Loki said.

Tony raised an eyebrow. "Okay, why?"

"He's got a warm." Loki elaborated.

Tony stood up and walked over. "A warm?"

"His version of a cold." The frost giant explained. "Keep him in bed, keep the room cold and don't let him eat anything with dairy. Oh and remember no medicine."

"That's a lot to remember." Tony took a deep breath. "Where are you going?"

"Find some herbs." Loki said as he teleported away. He looked through the tunnels of the warren until he found the pooka. "Hey Bunny, I need your help."