Chapter 8

AN: ok really short, but fighting, Yay! Plz excuse any spelling or grammar errors it was typed on an iPod. Hoping to write more and type it soon!

8

Jack led the Avengers and the Guardians down the pitch black hallway. He felt like a preschool teacher leading a bunch of kids around. They made loud thumps and grunts when they bumped into something, which was often.

"Could you be any louder?" Jack grumbled. "Or be any slower?"

"Not all of us have night vision like you." Tony whispers sarcastically. North snickered.  Tooth and Sandy had left before the lights went out to do their jobs.

"I don't have night vision."

They walked in silence for a while. Only the sound of shoes and breathing were audible. They were trying to make as little sound as possible. The group turned around another corner and Jack stopped.

"Wha-"

"Shh..." Jack shushed them. He could feel the heat. "Do you know how much farther?"

"I don't know it's too dark." Tony whispered. "Why do you ask?"

"Because I can feel the heat already." Jack sighed.

"Do you hear that?" Bunny asked. No one else could hear, but Jack. It was a low rumbling.

"Nightmares." Jack whispered. "Stay."

He crept around the corner hugging the wall. Jack left the Avengers and Guardians in the dark because they would only slow him down and make too much noise to creep up to inspect the situation. They weren't use to living in the dark like Jack was. They were practically helpless.

Jack continued his way down the hall. Heading towards the heat source. Once he reached the door the blind boy tapped his staff on the ground sending waves under the crack of the door. Inside was full of nightmares. Jack suspected more were in the air. Pitch Black was standing in the center of it all. The engine, even in Jacks echovision, looked way overheated.

Jack crept back to the guardians and avengers and poke Tony on the shoulder. Tony jumped and screamed like a girl. Jack giggled quietly.

"It's me." Jack whispered. "There are a lot of nightmares in the power room. I can cool it down, but not with all the mares in there."

"How do you do that?" Clint asked.

Jack ignored the question. "Robin Hood, do you have a bow and any arrows on you?"

"Of course!" Clint said all most offended. He slid them off his back hitting Loki with them in the progress.

"What are you planning Jack?" North asked.

Jack took the equipment and slid it onto his back. "Go in there, shoot some nightmares, fight the rest, cool down the room and get the power back on."

"And how do we factor into this?" Steve asked.

"You don't." Jack said dismissively.

"But-"

"No. You will just get hurt." Jack interrupted. "Now I got to go before we crash." The wind had been helping to keep the ship from falling to fast. Jack left them to argue with air.

Jack crept back to the door and opened it enough to shoot through. He loaded an arrow and took aim. He closed his eyes and listened intently. He zeroed in on a snorting nightmare and let the arrow fly. It didn't kill the mare only stunned it long enough for Jack to load and shoot another arrow that killed it. Jack laced the next arrow with frost hoping it would freeze on impact. He aimed and shot. The nightmare froze as soon as the arrow hit it. Jack managed to hit and kill 3 more nightmares with the frost laced arrows. By that time the nightmares realized what was going on and charged at the door. Jack heard them coming and shoved the door open hitting the lead one in the nose, sending it back into the others. He jumped into the room before the nightmares could react sending a blast of ice where ever he heard movement. A nightmare charged at Jack, who side stepped leaving his staff for the mare to trip over. It tripped over it and fell to the floor. Jack hit the closest mare on the head freezing it. He dropped to the floor knocking a nightmares legs out from underneath it then freezing it to the floor. More nightmares shared the same fate. They were all easily falling to ice.

This is too easy.

AN: sorry I know I'm late, but I had exams the new semester with all academic courses. So ya. Sorry. Oh and also we had a major snow storm, again. (Thanks Jack). Has anyone seen Rush? Omg best movie ever!

Edit:  correcting errors