There's No Need For Reservation

With the phone held between his shoulder and his ear, Levi searched through his suitcase. "This is absolutely pointless." He sighed as he chucked individual articles of clothing that were messily packed within his suitcase he had brought to his new residence. 

What exactly was pointless? Well, the fact that he was going out to dinner with this god sent angel and he didn't have any formal clothing. That wasn't his fault though. He was never one for suits, so he didn't own any. And his dad was a prick and he never got anything from him, so he didn't even have an oversized one he could try to trim down. 

"I can get you a nice suit within 47 minutes," Hanji claimed on the other side of the line with confidence in her voice. 

Levi sighed, rubbing his temple in irritation. He could feel the vein throbbing as his head pounded. "I don't want a cheap 47 minute tux. I need something good and perfectly tailored and that can't be done before dinner." He kicked his suitcase away from him. 

Hanji laughed then sighed, "you can't be so picky when you have such a short time frame." Hanji tried to reason with her 'friend' of many years. "What about all the suits that you had when were still a businessman?" 

"I burned them all."

"Oh."

"Yep."

"So, that won't work..." On the other side of the phone, Hanji tapped her chin in thought. There wasn't much she could do when he was so unwilling to compromise with her. In her opinion, she had amazing ideas, it was just Levi in whom didn't want to listen to her and her solutions to his problems. It probably didn't help that most of her ideas in the past had resulted in getting involved with the police. 

There was a knock on Levi's door, and he gulped. He didn't bother to say goodbye to Hanji, he just hung up on her. "Come in," he invited her in, looking at his own appearance. He probably looked like a mess to her. 

The door opened to reveal Petra in a pair of light blue, high-waisted jeans, which were ripped in several places, and a sports team t-shirt, which was tucked into her jeans. She looked like she was a college student, about to go to a football game. "What's taking you so long anyway, it's been like 4 hours. I wanted to leave before 6." She crossed her arms and pursed her lips.

"You're not ready to go either, so you are in no position to talk." He stood up and furrowed his brow and let out an irritated grunt. 

The ginger looked at him with more confusion than she's ever looked at him with before. "What do you mean? I just don't have my shoes on, but I just have to slip on my sneakers."

Now Levi was the one who was confused. "But you said we were going out to dinner."

"Yeah, we're gonna hit up this sports bar nearby. Do you not like sports bars? We can go somewhere else." Her face suddenly lit up with excitement. "This is your first night of staying here, do you wanna just get some Taco Bell or Chinese food and bring it back here and watch some shows or movies?"

Levi had to take a step back and try and figure out what she was saying. "We're not going to a fancy restaurant?" He asked, trying to get a straight forward answer from her.

"Why would we? Those places are ridiculously overpriced." She laughed. "Did you seriously think we were gonna go to a really fancy restaurant? Not a chance, dude."

"But you're rich?" It turned into more of a question than a statement with his voice getting higher at the end. 

"That doesn't mean I eat out all the time at expensive restaurants. Like I said, they're overpriced and overrated." Petra sighed, shaking her head. "Let's just stay in to eat. I'll call up a Chinese place. That good with you?"

"Yeah, perfect." He nodded, rubbing his temples in frustration at himself. He couldn't believe his own stupidity. How could he have not even bothered to ask? He had just spent such a long time freaking out about this whole ordeal only to find out he doesn't even have to leave the house.

Levi changed out of his current clothes, and got a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt with nothing on it. He walked out of his room and made his way to the living room, where he assumed that they would be watching the movie.

Petra came out of the kitchen, just hanging up the phone from talking to the guy from the Chinese restaurant. "Luckily, they deliver, so all we have to do is wait." She smiled and sat on the end of the couch that he was on. "I want to apologize."

This shocked Levi. "Why?" He was utterly confused by her words.

"I was kinda mean to you when you first got here, but I figured, you're going to be living here for while, so I might as well try to get along with you the most I can."

Levi was almost awestruck. How could someone be so... Nice? For lack of a better word. "Yeah, of course. You don't have to be sorry, though."

"Well, alright then. Thank you for understanding!" She smiled.

The two sat in almost complete silence, the only conversation being an occasional small talk This went on for almost 45 minutes before their was a ring of the doorbell.

"The food is here," Petra pointed out, and got off the couch to get the food. She opened the door, payed and tipped the man generously, then took the food. She shut the door and carried the three large bags to the living room. "You ready?"

"Yeah." Levi answered shortly.

"Then let's go~" She ushered for him to follow, and speed walked to another room. 

"Where?" He raised a brow suspiciously. "I thought you said we were staying home to eat. That's why I changed into sweats." He was feeling slightly bashful. Did he just make another assumption? He could've sworn she said that they were eating at home.

Regardless, he followed her to wherever she was leading him. 

She opened a door, and revealed a giant array of couches and chairs, and at the front of the room, a large screen. "My friend Armin helped me create this room. Really cheap too! He helped get the a broken projector that we found in the garbage to work and the screen was from his old teacher's classroom that she wasn't using anymore! Isn't it cool?" She smiled and set the bags of food in front of the couch she was going to sit on. 

Levi was amazed of how much she made with such little resources. "What about the rest of the room?"

"The couches were just the one's from Mikasa and Gunther's houses that they didn't want anymore. And some of the chairs were from Eren and even Hanji gave me an old one just recently. I get Auruo to come in and clean them up and they're good as new!"

"That's crazy."

"Well all my friends chipped in. I couldn't have done it without them." She smiled brightly, and patted the couch, right next to her. "Sit, sit!" She grabbed a remote from the table next to the couch. 

He followed what she said and sat next to her. Grabbing one of the bags and pulling out a box of fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, and a bag of crab rangoons.

"This'll be our cheat day, don't tell~" She giggled, nudging his shoulder as she got a box of spicy sesame chicken and white rice. She picked a simple horror movie, just to avoid the arguing about what to watch.

They watched the movie and ate, having arguments about who was the killer in the movie. They laughed and bickered about who was right and wrong. 

Petra didn't get to see the end of the movie though, as she had fallen asleep with 30 minutes left in the movie.

Levi let a faint smile make its way onto his face. "You can't sleep covered in food." He cleaned up the remaining food and put it back in the bag. He was going to get up and put the leftovers in the fridge, when he felt a weight on his lap. He looked down to see Petra had fell over and had her head rested on his lap. 

This was much better than any fancy restaurant they could have gone to, he decided. He stared at her for a long while. And for the first time in a long time, he felt truly, completely, and utterly happy.