2

Olivia walked across the car park, as far as anyone knew Olivia didn't exist, she was no Rae Wilson, a newly qualified doctor, she was naturally a doctor, she always wanted to look after people, so she decided to be a doctor. She had passed medical school and had high ups, hopes which simoom crushed. Olivia wiped the tears in the corner and took a deep breath, she needed to but Olivia fields to rest, she was now Rae. She walked into the ED, and over to the reception "im looking for Connie Beauchamp" Rae said "in her office, down the hall" "thank you" Rae said smiling. She finally felt as if she could breath, she felt as if Simon hadn't had that hold over her no more. She winced at the thought, of how he would react knowing she was gone. She knew he would hit the roof, and she knew he would be looking for her and that terrified her more than anything. Rae knocked on the office and walked in "you must be Dr Wilson, im Connie, I have heard very good things about you" Connie said and Rae smiled "thank you" "I have you uniform here, you can go change and we'll get started" Connie said "thank you" Rae said as she took the uniform from Connie.

Rae changed into her uniform and stood in front of the mirror "okay...you can do this" Rae said as she give herself a prep talk. She ran her hands through her hair and walked out into the reception "Rae, are you ready" Connie asked "i am" Rae said as they walked into the AE room. Rae stood as she read through the chart of an elderly old man who had broke his hip "well have you right as rain, soon Mr Daniels" Rae said as he door opened and Iain and jez walked in. Rae walked over "what have we got" she asked as she looked to the battered and bruised woman, who looked around nineteen "possible domestic abuse, the daughter is following" Iain said "daughter?" Rae asked "little girl, about two...three year old at the oldest" Iain said as the little girl was carried in. Rae looked to the mother, who was unconscious "okay I want her sent off for a CT scan asap, check for any internal bleeding" Rae said as the junior doctors nodded and followed Rae's instructions, she may of been young but she knew what she was talking about. Rae walked over to where the little girl was, Iain had lifted her onto the bed "i haven't seen you around here before" Iain said and Rae smiled "why would you, I just started" Rae said shining a torch into the little girls eyes "can you tell me your name sweetie" Rae asked "April" "okay, April can you tell me what happened" "my daddy...he gets angry" April said "its okay, he cant hurt you" "my leg hurts" "possible broken leg" Iain said and Rae nodded as she wrote on Aprils chart "i think we need an x ray" Rae said and Iain smiled "very good for your first day" he said and Rae smiled "its not like I don't know what im doing" Rae said and Iain smiled "im Iain" "Rae" "how about we go for a drink at the end of shift" Iain asked "i don't know about that" Rae said, she had  feeling Iain was a good guy but she didn't want to get close to him again, she was scared of getting hurt.