24

Rae sighed as she woke up and Iain wasn't there. She stood from the bed and yawned as she walked through the house. She saw Iain in the kitchen on the phone as faith sat in her high chair. She looked to Iain and smiled as he finished off the conversation and hung up the phone as she walked over to faith "who's that?" she asked as Iain sighed "Rita" he said as Rae looked to him and frowned. She didn't like it, she didn't like how friendly that they were. "It's nothing, it's over her ex. He's stalking her" Iain said as Rae nodded. Rae knew he was a good guy and that he wanted to help but Rae felt Rita was taking advantage of how good of a person that Iain was. She knew that he would do anything to help and it scared as she knew Rita would try and find a way to get Iain back.

"It's nothing to worry over" Iain said as he placed a hand on her cheek and smiled as he leant in and kissed her. She looked to him and smiled as she pulled him close "I love you, I just don't want her to get any ideas and get her claws into you again. Especially over what happened last time" she said as Iain looked to her and smiled "I know that your worried, but it's going to be okay" he said as he leant in and kissed her. Rae smiled to herself, she knew he was a good guy but she felt Rita was taking advantage and she felt as if Rita would sink as low as lying over her ex so that she could get Iain. She knew Rita had been after Iain for months and Rae didn't trust her one bit.

***

Later that day, Rae got to work. She sat in the staffroom as she ran her hands through her hair and sighed as Lexi walked in. Lexi looked to her and frowned "are you okay?" She asked as Rae frowned "no, I don't know. I'm worried, I think Rita is lying to her Iain back and I don't want to seem like a jealous girlfriend" Rae said as Lexi smiled "so what if she is, he doesn't want you, he's with you and he is happy" Lexi said as Rae looked to her and smiled. Rae knee she was right. Rae walked out of the staffroom and walked to the ambulance bay "I'm going to be home late, Rita is moving and I said I'd help" he said as she looked to him and frowned

"Why you don't owe her anything" "don't be like that" "like what Iain, like you're acting like you'd rather spend time with your ex, faith has a temperature and I need you at home, we never see each other to start with" Rae said as Iain looked to her "don't act like jealous psycho okay, I'm doing the decent thing and helping her" he said as she went To walk off before she turned to look at him "she still wants you by the way, trust me a girl knows" Rae said as she walked off annoyed with him.

***

Later that day, Lexi walked towards the ambulance bay. She was going to give Iain a piece of her mind. She was annoyed of how he was treating Rae. She frowned as she saw him and Rita, they were kissing. Lexi frowned not knowing what to do knowing it would break her heart knowing Iain has cheated on her, especially since rae had a feeling something was going on.