Prologue

Four young boys wandered throughout the forest, as the sunlight above them slowly started to fade into darkness.

"We're lost, aren't we?" The smallest boy, with black hair, blue eyes, and glasses, asked, as he balled his shirt up between his fists. Tears formed at the edges of his eyes.

"N-No, we're not! I'm sure we'll be home in a few minutes!" The boy, with blonde hair and light red eyes, said, trying to stay optimistic.

"You've been saying that for the past half hour, Seiji." The tallest boy, with brown hair and steel colored eyes, said, irritability. Seiji laughed nervously.

"W-Well, we'll be okay! We all just need to stay calm. Right, Takeshi?" He asked, turning to the quiet boy, with white hair and red eyes. Takeshi lifted his head to look at his friend, before smiling comfortingly.

"Yes. We all just need to take a deep breath and relax. I'm sure we'll find someone to help us soon." He said. Suddenly, the smaller boy's breathing started to quicken. The tears that were gathering at the edges of his eyes started to roll down his cheeks.

"What if we never make it out of here? What if we're stuck here forever?! I'll never get to see mommy or daddy again." He sobbed. Takeshi rubbed the younger boys back, trying to calm him down.

"Oh, Jun, don't cry. It'll be okay." He said. Jun continued to cry.

"I wanna go home!" He cried. The tallest boy shushed him.

"Jun, you need to stay quiet. There might be wild animals out here. We wouldn't want them to know where we are." He said. Jun stayed quiet for a moment, whimpering helplessly, before bursting into tears again.

"Good going, Hitoshi! You made it worse." Seiji said. Hitoshi mumbled to himself, as he tried to calm down the crying boy. Suddenly, the sound of a twig snapping echoed throughout the forest. The boys all turned their attention towards the noise. Jun latched onto Hitoshi for protection against whatever was out there. The undergrowth shook as a person pushed their was through the bushes. The boys huddled close together. A small girl pushed her way through the shrubbery with a curious look on her face. She had (H/L) (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes. The boys instantly relaxed once the girl finally stepped into view.

"Who are you all?" The small girl asked, curiously. Jun, Hitoshi, and Takeshi all stepped back, unsure whether to trust her or not. Seiji, however, put on his brightest smile and stepped towards her.

"Hello! We're so relieved to see you! My name is Seiji Akiyama. These are my friends, Jun Ishihara, Hitoshi Fujimori, and Takeshi Kaneshiro." The young blonde said. The young girl smiled slightly at his happy attitude.

"My names (Y/N) (L/N). Nice to meet you." She said. Seiji nodded and continued.

"We were playing in the forest and got kind of lost. Could you help us?" He asked.

"Oh, okay! My house is near here. You can call your parents there!" The girl said with a closed-eye smile. Seiji turned to the three boys behind him.

"See? I told you guys, we'd be fine!" The girl smiled at the three boys and pointed behind her.

"My house is in that direction. C'mon." She said. She turned around and started to walk. Seiji ran up beside her, followed by the other boys.

"So how old are you?" Seiji asked. The girl held up eight fingers.

"This many!" She said. Seiji gasped.

"Me too! So is Takeshi. But, Jun is seven and Hitoshi is nine." Seiji said.

"If you're eight, then why are you out here?" Hitoshi asked, with his arms folded over his chest. (Y/N) looked back at him with a smile.