Chapter 8

Chiyo pushed open the door to her homeroom class, a triumphant smirk painted across her features.

"Guess whose not late today~," she sang out, causing the teacher to turn his head towards her, a disinterested frown clearly evident on his face.

"Wow, what a surprise," he said, his tone indifferent. Chiyo continued to smile, despite the annoyed look of her teacher being cast in her direction, as she led (Y/N) to their desks. Class had yet to begin, with about ten minutes to spare. (Y/N) sat at her seat, hoping to rest her eyes for a few moments before the dreaded school day started. Alas, her wishes weren't met, as Chiyo immediately started annoying her the moment she sat down. "You better not space out today, (Y/N)," her friend playfully warned her. "It'd be bad to make a habit of getting notes from me every day." (Y/N) lifted her gaze to glare at the short brunette sitting beside her. "I didn't even get the notes from you," she grumbled, clearly not in the mood to put up with her companions relentless teasing. Chiyo was prepared to laugh off her lack of sleep induced mood, but was put to a halt as a smiling albino made his way up to her desk.

"Good morning, (Y/N) and Chiyo," he greeted.

"Heya~," Chiyo greeted, her smiling face turning towards the new arrival.

"Oh, hey, Takeshi," (Y/N) said, her tone noticeably kinder when addressing the male rather than talking to her female acquaintance, a fact that made the girl pout. She forced a small smile onto her face, trying to maintain a polite attitude towards her old friend, despite her exhaustion. Takeshi noticed the dark circles under (Y/N)'s (E/C) eyes, his expression immediately turning sympathetic.

"You seem tired," the red eyed male stated. (Y/N) heaved a heavy breath and nodded, her eyes closing as she buried her face into her folded arms, which were laying across the desk in front of her.

"I am," she replied, her tone voicing the fatigue she felt. "My jerk of a brother stuck me with a ton of chores and I had way too much homework to do," the (H/C) haired girl groaned. Takeshi chuckled at the mention of his friend's younger brother.

"I guess Amano hasn't changed much, then?" He amusingly questioned. Chiyo's eyes widened at the mention of the young boy's name.

"You know Amano?" She asked, her surprise evident. Takeshi nodded, his cheerful smile still present.

"I knew him when I was little," the Albino answered. "He would sometimes play with (Y/N), the others, and I when we went over to (Y/N)'s house."

"Wow, I can't believe you remembered him after all this time," (Y/N) said, her gaze almost as surprised as Chiyo's. Takeshi shrugged, brushing off the fact as unimportant.

"Yeah, well, I also remember he was super bossy, even when he was only four," Takeshi stated, grinning as (Y/N) rolled her eyes.

"Bossy is an understatement," she huffed, furrowing her eyebrows in annoyance. Takeshi chuckled.

"How old is he now?" He questioned.

"Thirteen," (Y/N) answered, her annoyed expression fading into a small smile. Takeshi was about to open his mouth to respond, until a boisterous blonde interrupted.

"Hi guys~," Seiji greeted, a cheerful aura radiating off of the male, his bright smile almost blinding (Y/N) as he walked over. Chiyo returned his smile with the same amount of cheerfulness, as she greeted her classmate.