Chapter 9

"I never gave him your number."

The sentence repeated in (Y/N)'s mind, all throughout study hall. Her eyebrows furrowed, completely bewildered.

He wouldn't lie, would he? And if Chiyo didn't give him my number, then how did he get it? Or is she just playing a trick on me? Question upon question played through the girl's thoughts as she pondered for an answer. Tapping the edge of her textbook, she sighed. I'll ask him during lunch..., she finally decided, giving herself a small nod of confirmation. A few minutes had passed by after her decision was made, when the bell rung, pulling her out of her thoughts. She sighed, happy to have the boring period of studying over with. Quickly packing her things, she stood from her seat, ready to leave, only to be stopped by Chiyo wearing her trademark cheeky smile.

"Ready to see four of your possible future boyfriends~?" she asked teasingly. (Y/N) huffed and rolled her eyes but couldn't help letting a small smile form, amused by her friend's jokes.

"I have no idea who you're talking about, because I'm heading to lunch to hang out with my platonic friends," she replied, hoisting the shoulder strap of her backpack onto her shoulder. Chiyo scoffed at her reply, unconvinced.

"Oh, c'mon dude. One of them is bound to fall for you," she said, confidently nodding at her statement. (Y/N) chuckled, looking at her friend with a questioning grin.

"What makes you so certain?" She asked.

"Dude, you're hot. I'd totally date you, but I don't want Eishun to be left out," she teased, turning to grin at her male companion, who had been walking beside them silently. Eishun sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Didn't you say that about two other girls yesterday? And a random guy walking his dog?" He asked the teasing brunette, who, in turn, laughed in response.

"Well, yeah, but (Y/N)s the hottest out of all of them. I'd whisk her away but I don't want to make her new guy friends jealous~," she laughed. (Y/N) joined her friend in her laughter, though she continued to deny her accusations with a shake of her head.

"Whatever, Chiyo," the (H/C) haired girl said, rolling her eyes with a smile. The three continued to make small jokes together as they made it to the doorway of the cafeteria. Pushing the metal door open, they were greeted with the loud conversations of the other people occupying the lunchroom. (Y/N) moved to go find a seat, as she usually did every day, until a hand stopped her by her shoulder. She looked back to see Eishun with a stern look on his face.

"You're eating today," he stated simply. (Y/N) chuckled and tried to pull free of his grasp, only to be held in place by his firm grip.

"C'mon, I'm not hungry, it'd just be a waste of food," the girl tried to reason, only to have her stomach betray her, a loud growl alerting her captor that she was lying. (Y/N) chuckled nervously as Eishun shot her a mockingly skeptical expression.

"Not hungry, huh?" He repeated the phrase to voice his knowledge about (Y/N)'s lying. He heaved a heavy sigh and began tugging his friend in the direction of the line of students, who were waiting to receive food. (Y/N) tried to shake her head and began to deny her hunger, only to be rendered silent as another loud growl erupted from her abdomen. She hung her head as she was dragged into the line, Chiyo's laughter feeling like mockery.

"I can't believe you made me buy so much food," (Y/N) groaned to her male companion, as she carried her tray of food, filled with multiple items. Eishun, who was walking beside her, simply shrugged at her complaining.