Chapter 4

The rest of the day passed in a blur. The boring classes seemed to merge together in (Y/N)'s head, as she was still a bit shocked at her encounter in the cafeteria. She was dazed for the rest of school, often finding her thoughts wandering in the middle of class. Luckily, she made it through school without too many incidents, given a few instances where she bumped into a student or two while walking through the halls.

"(Y/N)? ...(Y/N)!" Eishun's voice snapped her out of her thought's. (Y/N) blinked once, before turning her head to her left, to answer her friend's calls.

"Yeah?" She asked. Eishun let out an exasperated sigh, as he shook his head.

"You've been spacing out a lot today. You don't normally do that. Is something wrong?" He asked, his eyebrow's knitting together, worry evident in his gaze. The three were walking down the hallways of the school, as the last class of the day had just been dismissed. Chiyo, who was walking at (Y/N)'s right, decided to comment.

"She's just dazed, because two guys asked her out, at lunch." She teased, trying to fluster the (H/C) haired girl. (Y/N) rolled her eyes, more irritated than flustered.

"They did not ask me out. They're old friends and just want to catch up." She said, setting her gaze towards the shorter girl beside her. Chiyo let out a loud, short laugh.

"You should be taking advantage of the situation. You're going to meet up with four, potentially cute guys, two of which you already know are hot. This is the perfect opportunity to get a boyfriend." She said, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes, as she playfully poked (Y/N)'s side with her elbow. (Y/N) sighed and pushed the brunnette's joint away from her.

"Unlike you, I don't want to fawn over every guy that catches my gaze." The (E/C) eyed girl said, causing her friend to huff and cross her arms, a pout forming on her lips.

"Why are my friends such killjoys?" She asked, finishing her question with an exaggerated sigh.

"I don't like those two guys..." Eishun commented, ignoring Chiyo's teasing. It wasn't normal for him to just let her insults slide and he'd usually shoot back with another jab, but he seemed rather conflicted.

"What do you mean?" (Y/N) asked, looking towards the cerulean blue eyed boy.

"I don't know. They just give off a bad vibe, to me." He answered, stuffing his hands into his black hoodie pockets and directing his gaze towards the ground. Chiyo rolled her eyes.

"Oh, loosen up. They seem perfectly normal. Plus, they're (Y/N)'s old friends, so, surely, they're alright to hang out with. After all, (Y/N) has impeccable taste in friends." The brunette said. This comment made Eishun roll his eyes.

"You say that, but somehow, she ended up hanging out with you." He said, nonchalantly. Chiyo scoffed and placed a hand over her heart, as if the comment physically hurt her.

"You wound me, good sir." She said, dramatically. (Y/N) laughed at their banter, which caused Eishun to direct his gaze towards the (H/C) tressed girl.

"But, seriously, (Y/N), I suggest keeping your guard up around them. They just seem, kind of, off..." He said, worry seeping through his words. (Y/N) sighed and smiled in gratitude at her friend's concern. She raised her hand and gave two pats to his shoulder, to reassure him. She offered a comforting grin, in which the brunette slightly returned.

"Listen, it'll be fine. How much harm could they do?" She asked. Eishun sighed, realizing that it would be no use in trying to change his friend's mind and nodded.