Chapter 11

The moment (Y/N) had stepped foot on the sidewalk in front of her home, she was greeted by a bright smile plastered on Chiyo's face. Beside her stood Eishun, his trademark irritated frown adorning his features, along with dark circles under his eyes. (Y/N) blinked in surprise, not expecting the two to be at her house, for they usually met up later down the road to walk to school together.

"(Y/N)!" Cheered Chiyo who threw her arms around her (E/C) eyed friend. "How was your little date with Jun?" She asked teasingly, small hints of excitement ebbing it's way through her joking tone.

"Date?" Questioned (Y/N), as she unwound Chiyo's arms from around her neck. "I have no idea what you're talking about. I only remember having a platonic outing with my good friend, Jun." Chiyo huffed, her grin still in place.

"Well, whatever. Now we get to go on a date and I can rub it in your new friend's faces!" She said, her hands placed firmly on her hips as she radiated a triumphant aura. Eishun let out a defeated sigh.

"Do we have to go to that damn coffee shop today? You know I hate coffee," he said, tiredly rubbing his eyes in attempt to wake himself.

"That, my friend, is exactly the reason why I wish to go," answered Chiyo, which earned her a glare in response. (Y/N) merely rolled her eyes at their bickering, a small smile making its way onto her face. She huffed and began walking down the sidewalk.

"Honestly, you two act like an old married couple," she commented. Chiyo made a face of absolute horror.

"(Y/N), I love you but don't you ever suggest that again. I'll have to roundhouse kick you if you do," she threatened, earning a laugh from her (H/C) haired companion.

"This coming from the girl that constantly looses fights against two eight year olds," Eishun stated.

"My brother and sister are absolute monsters! They both take karate!" Chiyo stated, trying to defend herself.

"They're still eight, regardless," Chiyo threw her hands up and began to walk ahead of them grumbling about Eishun being a 'stupid privileged only child who didn't have to deal with the terrors that are siblings '. (Y/N) grinned and looked over to her brown haired friend, about to scold him good-mannerly, but stopped herself upon seeing him stare at the cloudy sky with a contemplative expression.

"I think it's going to rain today," he stated simply, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans. (Y/N) wrinkled her nose in annoyance once she realized that she had left the house without her umbrella.

"Too bad. I'll probably get soaked, then," she sighed, slightly agitated at herself.

"Don't worry, I brought an umbrella. As did The Idiot," Eishun reassured her, causing (Y/N) to chuckle at the nickname he had adopted for Chiyo when they were younger. "We'll walk you home." (Y/N) smiled at him and nodded.

"Thanks!" She said, looking back towards Chiyo, who was now sulking as she walked, her arms crossed and her frame hunched over. The girl's head lifted upwards and she suddenly whirled around, her previous pouty expression replaced with a teasing smirk. She skipped back to (Y/N) and Eishun before hooking her arms around (Y/N)'s shoulders.

"Look who's waiting for his mistress~," she playfully sang as she pointed down the sidewalk. A bit further down the sidewalk stood Jun, his usual blue plaid scarf wrapped around his neck as he focused intensely on his phone. (Y/N) rolled her eyes once again at Chiyo and gave her a light shove with her shoulder, ignoring the huge grin on her face as she began walking towards the black haired male. Jun momentarily glanced up from his phone as she was approaching and caught glance of the (E/C) eyed female. Upon seeing her, Jun quickly shut off his phone and placed it into the pocket of his black coat. (Y/N) came up to him, grinning.

"Hey, Jun!" She greeted. Jun flashed her a sheepish grin and opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by a loud blonde male tackling (Y/N) in a hug.

"(Y/N)~" Seiji sang in delight, his arms wrapped around the girl's waist. He grinned at her, his face a bit too close for comfort. (Y/N) quickly averted her gaze over to Chiyo and Eishun. Chiyo was grinning at her smugly, while Eishun merely glared, obviously still wary of both males. "I heard you hung out with lil' ol' Jun without me, yesterday," his statement made (Y/N) turn her head back to the blonde male that had her in his vice like grasp, the unusual edge in his voice striking her as odd. Seiji was pouting up at her, his red eyes staring into her (E/C) ones. "I feel like I've been left out!" She felt his grip tighten, pulling her closer, though his grin slowly returned regardless. (Y/N) chuckled nervously, slightly uncomfortable by the closeness of his face and hers and pushed away from the blonde.

"Sorry," she began to apologize, however was cut off by a hand grabbing her by the sleeve. Jun stood closely beside her, his gaze set straight at the older male in front of them, the boldness in his gaze momentarily startling (Y/N).

"She doesn't always need to be around you," Jun stated, the sharpness of his tone making Seiji's grin drop as he stared back into Jun's clear blue eyes. However, he soon regained his composure and his usual smile set into place yet again.

"Yeah, well, to make up for ditching me yesterday, you have to hang out me today," he said, turning his gaze towards (Y/N) again. Before she could decline his offer, Chiyo came over and hooked her arms around (Y/N)'s shoulders and drew her close to her, causing Jun to let go of her sleeve.

"Sorry, but nope!" She said, grinning. (Y/N) couldn't tell if she was merely faking being oblivious to the odd tension in the air to try and break it or she really didn't notice the unusual behavior of the two boys. "(Y/N) already promised to hang out with us today! Right, (Y/N)?" She questioned her, turning her smiling face towards her friend, breaking (Y/N) out of her momentary daze.

"O-oh! Yeah, sorry. I promised them that I'd hang out with them yesterday," (Y/N) explained, causing Seiji's smile to vanish. Noticing this, (Y/N) quickly began searching for a topic to change the subject with while simultaneously unwinding Chiyo's arms from around her. "Anyway, why don't we start walking to school?" She suggested, hastily beginning to walk down the street, ahead of the other four. Chiyo quickly caught up to her, the rest of them following. She leaned over, nudging (Y/N)'s side with her elbow to grab the (H/C) haired girl's attention.

"Im not the only one that thought that they were acting weird, right?" She whispered, her gaze questioning as she looked up at her friend. (Y/N) glanced back hesitantly at the two males, Seiji, who was staring at her with an unusually blank expression, and Jun, who was watching the ground as he walked, his eyebrows noticeably furrowed. (Y/N) sighed and shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe they had a fight or something," she said, trying her best to offer an explanation for their odd behavior. Chiyo huffed out a short laugh in response.

"Probably fighting over you," she teased. (Y/N) couldn't help but grin at her friend, nudging her with her shoulder in response. Chiyo chuckled and grinned up at her. "Well, I'm sure it wasn't anything too serious," she said, trying to reassure her friend. (Y/N) gave her one last smile before turning her gaze up towards the dark cloudy sky.

"Hopefully," was her simple response. A distant low rumble of thunder sounded while the five students walked in silence towards school. Eishun was right, (Y/N) thought. It is going to rain.

A/N-

OH MY GOD IM SO SORRYYYYYYY!!!!
THIS CHAPTER IS SO LATE AND SHORT AND AAAAAAAA IM SORRRRYYYYYY!!!!! ;-; I've been a little sick lately and I've been super busy and struggling with writers block!! But, DONT WORRY IM NOT DEAD!!! I swear the next chapter will be on time next time!! I PROMISE!!!! Again, I'm so sorry for how late and short this chapter is hhhhhhhhhh......... anyways, until the next chapter!! BYYYYEEEEE!!!