Chapter 3

(Y/N)'s face contorted into one of complete confusion. She stared at Seiji and Takeshi, who sat across from her, watching her with expectant gazes. Her eyebrows furrowing together, to further show her perplexity.

"Remember you?" She repeated. "What do you mean?" She asked, questioning the two males in front of her.

"Your full name is (Y/N) (L/N), right?" Seiji asked, leaning forward, slightly, towards the girl in question, anxiously awaiting an answer. (Y/N) blinked in surprise.

"Uhm...yes, but how did you know that? I've only told you my first name, up until now." (Y/N) stated, utterly bewildered. After her answer fell past her lips, Seiji's face lit up with a bright smile.

"I knew it was you!" He said, jumping up from his seat, completely elated. (Y/N) jumped at his sudden outburst and merely stared at him with an unchanging expression. Takeshi placed his hand atop his friends shoulder, causing the blonde to break out of his blissful state and sit back down. Takeshi cleared his throat and smiled at the (H/C) haired girl.

"I apologize for his outburst, he didn't mean to startle you." He said, his infectiously gentle smile causing the corners of the girl's mouth to turn upwards, into a small grin. "Allow me to explain. You see, when we were young we used to know you. We met in the forest, when we were eight. You helped us, because we were lost." He said. "Sadly, you moved away that summer, so we didn't have much time to know each other, but we were still good friends." (Y/N) looked from Takeshi to Seiji. Takeshi still held his gentle smile, his hands neatly folded in front of him, on the table. Seiji's expression, however, contrasted that of Takeshi's. His shoulders were tense and (Y/N) could hear his foot tapping, from under the table. He bit his bottom lip, awaiting for the (E/C) eyed girl to answer. (Y/N) turned her gaze down, towards the notebook in front of her, lightly tapping her pencil. She closed her eyes, trying to concentrate and recall anything from that time, that included the two boys.

"We made a promise." Seiji's voice interrupted her train of thought. (Y/N) opened her eyes and lifted her questioning gaze to the blonde. Seiji was looking at the table as he took a deep breath.

"What?" She asked.

"We...We made a promise. To see each other again, I mean." Seiji answered, lifting his gaze to meet (Y/N)'s. "Your parents had gotten a divorce and we were really upset about it, but we told each other that we'd meet up again, one day when we're older. Don't you remember?" The girl blinked, before an image flashed through her head. Four young boys, smiling at her, as their small pinkies intertwined together, sealing a promise. Flint, blue, magenta, and rose red eyes were looking at her, all filled with the same fondness. After the memory faded, more memories flashed through her head. (Y/N) blinked, her eyes wide with awe.

"Wait...I think I do! I do remember! You guys used to play with me a lot, when we were little." The girl said, a smile etching it's way onto her face. Seiji jumped up, smiling wildly.

"You remember?!" He said, ecstatically. (Y/N) nodded. "Ahahahah! This is great!"

"So, what're you two doing here?" The (H/C) haired girl questioned, curiously.

"Well, you might not remember, but our parents all work for the same company. They were assigned to an overseas business trip and won't be back for quite a while. Since I have family here, we're staying at my aunts home and attending school here." Takeshi answered. (Y/N) was about to reply when-

"Jun and Hitoshi are here, too!" Seiji suddenly interjected. She turned her gaze to the blonde. Her mind drew a blank at the names.

"Jun and Hitoshi?" She repeated in a questioning tone. Takeshi nodded.

"Yes. The other two boys that played with you, when we were young." He explained. (Y/N) blinked, before finally matching the names with the faces of the other two boys she had remembered.

"Oh, now I remember!" She said. "Ugh, I feel so bad for not remembering..." She groaned, burying her face in her hands to avoid any judgmental looks that the boys in front of her might throw.

"Don't worry, (Y/N). We understand. It was nine years ago, after all. It's only natural for someone to forget things, especially after that long of a period of time." Takeshi told her. (Y/N) peaked through a gap in her fingers, before putting her hands down completely.

"I just feel really bad. You guys have remembered so much from back then, while I could barely remember your faces." She sighed.

"Well you remember us now, so that's all that should matter. Right?" Seiji said, a comforting tone lacing his voice. (Y/N) smiled lightly, at his attempt to make her feel better about her forgetfulness.

"So, you said that Jun and Hitoshi were here, as well?" She asked. Seiji nodded. "That's so cool!" She replied, with a smile. "I can't believe the odds of this. You all coming to attend the exact same school as me." Takeshi chuckled.

"We should all meet up after school. They've been very excited to see you." The albino suggested. (Y/N) blinked at him, her face falling, into a confused frown.

"How do they know I'm here?" She asked.

"Oh, we were walking to school this morning, when we thought we saw you. We also heard your friend, Chiyo I think it was, yelling your name." Takeshi answered, with a smile. (Y/N) laughed.

"Yeah, Chiyo really isn't the quiet type." She said. "But I'd love to see Jun and Hitoshi, again." Suddenly, two hands harshly grabbed (Y/N)'s sides, causing her to panic and drop the pencil she was holding, letting it tumble to the floor.

"Boo!" A voice yelled in her ear. (Y/N) jumped at the sudden action, a small scream escaping her. Her head whipped around to meet the gaze of her brown haired friend, Chiyo. Once she locked eyes with the girl her face twisted into an annoyed scowl.

"Chiyo, that wasn't funny!" The (H/C) tressed girl grumbled, leaning down to pick up her pencil.

"Hahahahaha! You should have seen your face!" The brunette laughed. Eishun came into view, soon after, swatting Chiyo in the back of the head, causing her laughing fit to come to a halt. "Ow! What was that for?!" The girl complained, bringing a hand up to rub her head.

"Stop being so damn annoying." Eishun replied, as he set his lunch tray down, sitting to the right of (Y/N). Chiyo huffed and placed her tray of food to the left of (Y/N).

"Hello again, Chiyo." Takeshi pipped up, waving his hand subtly at the girl. Chiyo smiled.

"Oh, its you two! What're you guys doing here?" She asked, crossing her arms and leaning them against the table.

"We were just having a nice chat with (Y/N)." The albino boy replied. He directed his gaze towards Eishun, who was already eating his lunch, not looking interested in the other people around him. "And who might you be?" He asked, causing Eishun to look up from his food.

"Eishun. I'm a friend of (Y/N)." He answered.

"And me too, right~?" Chiyo said, smiling, teasingly, towards the male. Eishun barely glanced at her, before turning his gaze back to Takeshi.

"I'm a friend of (Y/N)." He repeated. Chiyo huffed.

"You're so mean!" She complained. Takeshi laughed, slightly.

"Well, it's nice to meet you." The albino said, smiling towards the brown haired boy. The group continued to eat lunch, chatting together and becoming acquainted with one another. But, as (Y/N) was copying notes, she suddenly felt a shift in the atmosphere around her. The same shift that she had felt in the hallway, that morning, when the small boy with black hair had stopped her. She continued to feel the tension in the air all throughout lunch. As if someone was staring at her from afar.