Chapter 7

"Ugh, why does school have to start so early?" (Y/N) yawned as she made her way down the sidewalk, suffering from lack of sleep, reluctant to attend another horrific day at school. The previous night had been hectic, to say the least. Not only did she have to complete the multitude of chores her brother had made her do, she also had finished her homework for four different classes that day. With her responsibilities completed, she was also bombarded by Chiyo's frantic texts, asking what the assignments for that nights English homework was. (Y/N) sighed, remembering the time being four in the morning, by the time she had passed out. Dragging herself further down the street, she struggled to keep her eyes open, desperately clinging to what little amount of energy she had left. Too preoccupied with her internal suffering, she failed to hear the calling of her name. It was only until arms latched themselves around her shoulders, did she realize that someone was attempting to get her attention. Due to her exhaustion and surprise over the sudden action, the girl stumbled forward, only to be caught by the person holding her. (Y/N) turned her head, preparing to scold whoever had tackled her, for her mood was not the best when tired, but stopped herself upon recognizing her assaulter as Seiji. She blinked in surprise, convinced beforehand that it was Chiyo who had jumped on her.

"Hello~," the blonde male greeted, his smiling face nearly blinding the girl from how bright it was.

"Uhm, h-hey..." (Y/N) replied, still a bit dazed from the surprise attack. She subtly tried to remove herself from the boy's hold, but those actions didn't go unnoticed by her captor and caused him to tighten his grip.

"I'm glad I caught you. I left the house just in time to see you walk past!" He said, jovially. After the last statement fell from his lips, his smile dropped into a small pout. "But, it kind of makes me upset that you ignored me when I was calling for you," he huffed.

"O-Oh, uhm, sorry about that. I'm a little tired and I wasn't paying attention," (Y/N) explained, trying a second attempt at removing herself from Seiji's grip. Again, her attempts proved to be in vain, as he refused to let his vice like grip waver. Sighing, she decided to ask him to release her. "Can you let go of me, now?" She asked, trying not to sound agitated. Seiji directed his gaze towards his arms, finally seeming to realize that he still had the girl firmly trapped in his grasp. He put on an apologetic smile and removed his arms from the girl.

"Heheh, sorry," he apologized, as his arms returned back to his sides. "Anyways, lets get moving, yeah? Don't wanna be late, right?" The blonde asked, starting to walk, a slight bounce in his step. (Y/N) tilted her head.

"What about the others?" Her question made her companion stop walking and turn towards her, his cheerful smile still locked in place.

"Ah, well, Takeshi decided to take off early and Hitoshi is still asleep. He's an absolute monster when he first wakes up, so we tend to let the alarm clock wake him up, instead of receiving a punch to the face," he answered. "I'm not sure where Jun is, though. Guess he left early too," Seiji finished off with a shrug. After his last statement was made, a small voice piped up from behind (Y/N), as the mentioned raven haired male ambled pass the girl.

"I'm right here," the blue eyed boy stated in a monotone voice. Seiji blinked at his friends sudden appearance, his smile dropping for a split second, before returning to it's previous position.

"Oh, hey, Jun!" (Y/N) said, a smile forming on her face. The (H/C) tressed girl started to walk, matching her pace with the younger male.

"Hi, (Y/N)," Jun replied, his voice muffled by the same blue plaid scarf that he had worn the previous day. He let out a long yawn, the dark circles under his eyes clearly evident below his tired deep blue orbs.

"Tired?" (Y/N) asked, turning her gaze towards her friend. Jun nodded, not bringing his eyes up from the pavement. "Heh, same here," he said, flashing the male an encouraging smile, knowing from experience the struggle of having too little sleep. Seiji came up from his previous position behind the two and abruptly swung his arm around the shorter boy's shoulders.

"This poor boy refuses to sleep, whatsoever. Too busy staying up and playing on your phone," he said, grinning down at the now glowering male. (Y/N) chuckled a bit, before nodding sympathetically.

"I can relate. I have trouble getting to sleep, too," she stated. Seiji frowned at the girl, his eyebrows knitting together with worry.

"Aww, you poor thing! You must be tired," he said. (Y/N) shrugged, thinking of it as a frivolous fact.

"Eh, I survive," she replied.

"(Y/N)!" A distant voice called, grabbing the girl's attention away from her two companions. Upon turning her head, she saw Chiyo, dragging an agitated looking Eishun behind her, as she ran towards the group of three. Once the chocolate brown haired girl had made it within a few feet  of the group, she let go of Eishun, causing him to nearly stumble and fall face first onto the concrete. Chiyo smiled brightly as she stopped in front of (Y/N) and her companions. "Heeeeey~," she greeted enthusiastically. Eishun glowered at her from behind.

"Did you seriously have to let me almost fall?" He questioned, walking up to the girls, completely disregarding the other two males presences. Chiyo turned to her male companion, a look of coy placed on her features.

"Let you fall? Oh, I would never let you fall, voluntarily. Not my bestest friend in the whole wide world," she said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. Eishun rolled his eye's, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Even if you didn't mean to do that, you're probably too dense to even realize I had fallen," he shot back, his gaze showing his annoyance at the girl. Chiyo merely continued to smile, acting completely oblivious to the male's irked attitude. Chiyo then turned her attention to the familiar blonde boy, who was standing beside the three, carefully watching the interaction with a neutral expression. She flashed a cheery smile at him.

"Oh, hey Seiji. Didn't see you there," she said, causing the male in question to blink out of his fixated trance. His unnaturally neutral expression turned into a smile, after finally being addressed by someone.

"Hey, Chiyo! Nice to see you, again," he greeted. Chiyo then turned to the smaller obsidian haired boy, who was walking away from the small group, desperate to avoid any attention by the unwanted newcomers. "Oh! And who are you?" Chiyo asked, walking up in front of the male. Jun kept his gaze on the ground, tightly gripped at his backpack straps.

"Jun," was the azure eyed boy's simple answered, his voice barely audible through the thick fabric of his scarf.

"Heeeey, wait a minute. Weren't you that kid who stopped (Y/N) in the hallway, yesterday?" Chiyo asked, pointing at the boy, who's cheeks flared pink in embarrassment.

"I-I, uhm," Jun struggled to voice his reply, anxiety pooling in the pit of his stomach. He glanced back to the mentioned girl, before shrugging and burying his face deeper into his scarf, to avoid eye contact with the brunette in front of him. Chiyo stared at the blushing male, before Seiji came up, beside his friend.

"Sorry about him. He's usually quiet and doesn't like to talk much," he informed the girl, throwing an arm around Jun with a grin. Chiyo blinked, her smile returning to her face soon after.

"Oh, yeah, no problem," she replied. "That one, over there, is the same. Only, he makes you suuuuper uncomfortable when he's quiet," Chiyo stated, pointing at Eishun with a teasing grin, who in return, glowered back.

"Beats being loud and obnoxious all the time," The dark haired boy shot back, causing his annoying companion to chuckle, along with Seiji. Jun heaved a heavy sigh and ducked under the blonde's arm, turning to continue his walk down the street.

"Hey, where're you going, Jun?" Seiji called to the raven haired boy.

"School," Jun replied, not taking his gaze off of the pavement. "We'll be late if we waste anymore time...," he said, slight irritation seeping through his quiet words. (Y/N) nodded, agreeing with her blue eyed friend.

"Yeah, we should probably get going," she suggested. "I think my homeroom teacher is to the point where he'll lock us out of the room, if we're late again." she chuckled, turning to Chiyo with a slightly accusing look. Chiyo smiled back at her (H/C) haired friend and nodded. And thus, the group of five started their walk to school.