Chapter 10

"What do you mean 'I can't walk home with you guys, today'?!" Chiyo complained, shaking her (H/C) haired friend by her sweater sleeve.

School had just ended, the bell signaling the release of the students. Eishun, Chiyo, and (Y/N) were all making their way to the exit, when (Y/N) mentioned that she was leaving with Jun. The (H/C) haired girl sighed and gazed at her brown haired friend with apologetic eyes.

"I'm sorry Chiyo, but Jun wanted to hang out with me today," she tried to explain, only to have Chiyo huff in annoyance.

"That's two days in a row that you won't be walking home with us, though!" She complained, obviously not happy that her friend was bailing once again. (Y/N) sighed for a second time and patted the girl's shoulder.

"How about, tomorrow we go to that coffee shop you love so much, as an apology?" She asked, hoping to make peace with her. Chiyo puffed up her cheeks but reluctantly nodded.

"Hmmm, alright...but no bailing tomorrow!" She quickly added, folding her arms over her chest. (Y/N) smiled at her and nodded. "Promise!" Chiyo demanded.

"I promise," (Y/N) said, happy to have calmed down the brunette.

"Alright. If you bail on me tomorrow, I'll never talk to you again," Chiyo threatened, only earning a small chuckle from her female companion. Eishun, who was walking down the hallway with the two, simply rolled his eyes.

"You made that threat last week, when she wouldn't give you her homework, remember?" He said, causing Chiyo to reply with:

"Well, now I mean it!"

"Yes, we totally believe that you will keep the commitment of not talking to her, even though you couldn't even keep the simple promise of dieting over the summer," Eishun replied, the sarcasm evident in his tone. Chiyo huffed, already ready to defend herself.

"I dieted for, like, two weeks!" She said, puffing up her cheeks once again.

"Three days," Eishun corrected her, making Chiyo growl slightly at him. Sighing, she decided to just give up, and turned back to (Y/N).

"But, seriously, no bailing," she said, giving the sightly taller girl her best puppy eyes. "I'll cry if I can't hang out with my best source of social interaction," (Y/N) chuckled and nodded.

"Don't worry, I promise I'll be there," she said, giving the girl her most sincerest smile. Chiyo smiled in response and then returned to her usual teasing self, after she received what she wished for.

"So, I couldn't help notice that you just mentioned you were hanging out with Jun only. Did he ask you on a date~?" She questioned, causing (Y/N) to roll her eyes.

"It's not a date, he just wanted to hang out," she replied.

"Ooo~ how romantic. Two young high school students. One, a shy boy with a crush. The other, an oblivious girl being led on a mysterious outing. Is this the start of a romance, I can only wonder," Chiyo spoke, waving her hands dramatically as she described the situation from her point of view.

"Stop watching those damned romance movies," Eishun grumbled.

"You just don't like them because it makes you realize how you'll be forever alone," Chiyo shot him a teasing grin.

"Oh, yeah? And how many dates have you been on?" Eishun replied, a knowing glare gracing his features. Chiyo thought for a moment, before sighing.

"You're too mean to me, you know that?" She grumbled.

"I'm too mean to care, too," was Eishun's simple reply. (Y/N) chuckled at the two's harmless bickering.

"Do you guys ever stop fighting?" She questioned, to which Chiyo shot her a large grin.