4

October 31st, 2017

It's been two months since I met Gio and everything been cool so far. He's like a second big brother who irritates my entire life. We ride to and from school everyday unless he has something planned. Jermaine is cool with him so that's also a big plus.

"Y'all giving out candy tonight?" Gio asked.

Today is Halloween and honestly ion really celebrate it too much. I haven't dressed up since I was a kid.

"Uh, shoot I don't know. Unless J bought some candy the kids gone be short."

G laughed at me and shook his head.

"Them kids still gone ring ya doorbell whether you got candy or not."

He had a good point.

"Well I'm gone put a sign on the door that says we outta candy, try Wally World.

Gio's smile quickly disappeared. He sucked his teeth at my crazy remark. I couldn't do anything but laugh.

"Mane that's so trifling if you really do that. Them poor la kids gone be so disappointed."

I shrugged my shoulders. I was about to ask him a question when some girl walked up to us. She had a huge smile on her face and went straight for Gio.

"Heyyy baby" she drug out and sat on his lap giving him a kiss on the lips.

So this must be the girlfriend. She's pretty.

I sat to the right of him all awkward like cause she still had her tongue down his throat. I cleared my throat and stood.

"Well G I'm gonna go" I said catching his attention.

He frowned and stood as well.

"Why so soon?"

I wanted to give him the really nigga face but his girl was right there so I was going to respect him and her.

"Yea bruh. I gotta do some stuff at home. I'll catch you later aite."

We did our handshake and I walked off the porch. He yelled for me to text him when I got home.

******

I was chilling in my room listening to music when my phone vibrated. It was a text from Gio and he wanted me to come kick it with him and his girl. Honestly I didn't want to. It wasn't that I was jealous cause that rarely happens. I'm just not big on PDA and being around it.

I think about what I'm going to say before I respond. In the two months we've know each other he can easily tell when I'm lying or not. I sat my phone back down and picked up my notebook. I was writing some poetry when I heard footsteps coming towards my door. I thought it was Jermaine or my mama telling me dinner was ready. That is until my door burst open and there stood Gio and his girl.

"Why you always lying ? Why the fuck you lying? Mmm oohh my gawd stop fuckin lying."

All I could do was laugh at his foolishness. Carmen stood off to the side giggling as well.

"What you want Gio?"

He walked towards me and sat on the end of my bed. The goofy expression on his face changed to a more serious one.

"Why you all cooped up in ya room shorty? You don't wanna hang with the big dawgs?"

I playfully rolled my eyes. I knew he was about to read me like an open book. I placed my hands in my lap and gave him a blank stare. He looked over at Carmen and she flashed a weak smile then closed the door leaving us alone.