Chapter 16

Luckily, Gerard had driven to Frank's (his poor leg would never have made the entire journey), and so, once Frank was re-dressed, and they managed to get Gerard back downstairs, they simply hopped in the car, and Gerard drove Frank to the venue.
It seemed like a good fix to the issue, but the younger man was still on edge.
Gerard sighed, taking his hand.

"You'll get there in plenty of time," he assured him, squeezing his fingers. Frank shrugged.

"I know. It's just...they're gonna know I'm with you," he said simply. Gerard glanced over.

"How so?"

"I'm late, and I turn up with you? That's going to sound really suspicious," Frank pointed out. The Priest shrugged, biting his lip.

"I don't know, sweetheart. But this is your only option. And hey-" he shrugged softly "maybe they'll be okay with it, y'know?"
Frank raised his eyebrows in genuine surprise.

"Be okay with me fucking a Priest?"

"We're not-"

"A Priest twice my age?"

"Frankie, we're-"

"A Priest I didn't tell them ab-"

"Frank. We're not fucking," Gerard snapped suddenly. The younger boy let out a soft noise of surprise as he turned to the older man. Gerard's jaw was set in a firm line as he glared through the windscreen, looking incredibly irritated.
Oh.

"S-sorry, I know we're not. I know you're...being pure and all. It was just a phrase," he murmured.
Gerard fell silent, looking a little defeated as he continued to drive.
Frank didn't bother making any conversation after that, knowing it would just get shut down anyway.

They pulled up to the venue with 10 minutes to spare, the lights inside already on. Gerard glanced over at Frank.

"There. Run," he said coldly. Frank touched his hand, wincing when it was pulled away.

"What did I do?" he asked. Gerard was quiet for a moment, before glancing over.

"We're not fucking , Frank,"

"I know, I didn't mean to-"

"No. We're not fucking. I'm your boyfriend. We're together. This is romantic, for me. It's not about sex. I don't know if I'll ever be able to fuck you. But I know that I can love you," he said.
It hit Frank all at once, the mistake that he'd made with his words. The younger man frowned and touched his hand.

"I love you. I don't care about the sex stuff, okay? I love you. You're my boyfriend," he said firmly.
Gerard smiled and nodded towards the venue.

"You should go, sweetheart. I'll pick you up tonight, and –"

He was cut off by Frank kissing him swiftly, holding his face in his hands. Gerard let out a soft, surprised noise, but kissed him back nonetheless, his eyes fluttering shut as he melted against his boyfriend's body. Frank tugged back after a moment, his eyes soft.

"Come in with me," he murmured. Gerard laughed.

"Darling, I'm too old for that," he smiled. Frank shrugged.

"Who cares, huh? I wanna show my boyfriend off," he giggled. Gerard ducked his head and grinned, clearly touched by his words.
Gerard hesitated for a moment, before nodding slowly, the smile plastered onto his cheeks.

"Yeah, okay. Uh. You'll have to grab my cane for me," he mumbled. Frank nodded and slid out of the car. In a flash, he grabbed Gerard's cane from the back, and moved around to the drivers' side to help him out. Gerard looked absolutely blissful as he held onto Frank's shoulder, allowing the younger man to guide him out.
He looked over and smiled.
"I love you," he murmured, taking the cane from Frank.
Frank, without a hint of reluctance, kissed him gently.