Chapter 21

There was a noise that was making it hard to sleep, but the tendrils of Frank's ill-formed dreams were strong enough, for now, to keep him wrapped in their thick, smoky strands. The image in his brain was unfathomable – the only thing he knew was the creak and slam of some unknown assailant. It was like sleep paralysis, but he could feel the bed shifting under him, the warmth beside him, the rising and falling waves of breath coming from the man curled against his side. He felt no fear, just a hazy restlessness as he was dragged into consciousness, greeted by that creak slam creak slam creak

Slam

That final noise shocked him back into reality, eyes flying open, a cascade of conscious thought seeping into his mind. And then, all at once, ice in his veins.

"Shit. Shit, Gerard, what-" He scrambled for his phone, heart sinking when he felt the cool brick in his hand. He knew what he'd see even as he pressed the home button – but still felt utter dismay at the appearance of the red battery on his screen.

"Gerard, Gerard, what fuckin' time is it?" he stammered, shaking him awake. The older man stirred, a soft, sleepy noise pluming from his soft lips.

"Mmm? Oh it's-" he rolled over, grabbing his watch from his side of the bed, "oh my – it's nearly eight. Your mother will be worried – have you called her?" he asked politely. Frank held his phone up, shaking it a little to indicate its uselessness. The Priest frowned, staring at the blank screen as if he were trying to work it out. He sighed, shrugging a little.

"Pass me my –" he gestured to the prosthetic leaning against the wall, "I'll drive you home."

Frank stared at him in surprise, eyebrows slowly raising.

"Uh. Don't you think that's... a little risky?" he asked slowly, rising from the bed and heading towards the limb against the wall. The cold air hit him as soon as he left the warm confines of the bed, and he was reminded that both he and the Priest were very, very naked. He looked at his lover, laying on his side, looking completely at peace, and smiled. The sight was still surreal to him, especially considering the white collar that had been discarded at the foot of the bed.

Frank placed the metal object beside Gerard, watching as he began to tug it on. As if he'd only just realised he'd spoken, Gerard glanced up.

"Mmm? Risky? How?" he asked, attention focused on sliding the prosthetic on. Frank shrugged

"I dunno. I'm coming back late, and I told Mom I was gonna be at Mia's. Won't it be weird if you show up?" he mumbled. Gerard laughed, turning to give Frank one of his rare – but all the more beautiful for it – smirks.

"You'd be surprised at what a Priest can get away with, Frank," he purred.

Frank felt his cheeks flush, and knew he must look just as flustered as he felt, from the elated grin on his boyfriend's cheeks. Frank snorted, pulling his jeans back on.

"Just...shut up and get ready before I get back in bed with you," he muttered. Gerard arched an eyebrow, but didn't speak any more on the matter.

"Frankie...Frankie... baby," Gerard whined, shoving against Frank's chest on the final word. They were in the priest's car, parked up against the side of the road. Gerard could feel the cool of the window pressing against his back, as his boyfriend rested his hands on his shoulders, grinning lips pressing eagerly against his throat when he was denied further access to his mouth

"Aw c'mon Gee. It's hot," Frank beamed, hands rubbing over his thighs. A laugh rumbled through Gerard despite himself. He pushed Frank a little more firmly back and, for the moment, Frank complied. The priest fixed him with a firm look, but couldn't help the gentle hint of a smile that played around his lips