BLOOD (cont) LUCAS

CHAPTER 14

LUCAS P.O.V

I snapped the neck of one of the wolves and threw his body on the side, I looked around

to see if anyone needed help, but they were all doing okay by them selves. I searched for

MARCUS and saw he had caine's neck locked in his jaw, ready for the kill. Then I saw

Liam's wolf approach MARCUS, he let go of CAINE and nodded to Liam. Liam went for the kill, ripping his arms off and snapping his neck. I sighed in relief. Finally CAINE was dead, and MARCUS let out a victory howl letting the packs know that CAINE was dead. The fighting immediately stopped, and the few remaining wolves from CAINES pack lay down in submission.

I felt a slight sadness at CAINES death, but that quickly vanished as Anya's beautiful face came into my mind. It was finally over, she would be free, I looked around frantically trying to see if she was out here somewhere, but she wasn't. I'm sure Snow must have released her by now and told her of the good news.

I shifted back into my human form and quickly put on some shorts, and made my way towards MARCUS and Liam. They had a satisfied grin on both their faces.

They were talking with each other and stopped when they saw me. I felt a bit nervous,

and knew that I was still in trouble with them and had to answer a lot of questions. I bowed my head in respect to MARCUS and Liam, a look of confusion crossed Liam's face but then realisation hit him to why I had bowed to him. Liam was the new Alpha of

the blood moon pack. He killed CAINE with the final blow, which immediately made him the alpha of our pack. Liam looked at MARCUS nervously when he realised this.

MARCUS had a grin on his face and patted him on the back. " congratulations Liam, you are now the alpha of the blood moon pack " he told him with a smile.

Liam scratched his head thinking about this and he let out a sigh.

" MARCUS I don't know, I'm not an Alpha and I am very happy as a beta, I can't take this position " he told him. " I understand Liam but as you killed CAINE, that position goes immediately to you " MARCUS said. Liam didn't look very happy at this knowledge, which made me chuckle.

" Alpha Liam ? " I thought I would tease him a little, he whipped his head towards me and growled a little showing that he didn't like the title much. " Lucas ? Don't push it boy " he said in a low voice, this made my smile disappear. " you might have helped us Lucas! but you still have to answer a lot of questions and don't think that you will get off lightly with this " he warned me, this made me gulp a little.

" don't worry Lucas, his kidding " Zeus my wolf spoke to me,

" I don't think Liam is a joking type Zeus " I told him. Zeus just chuckled at that, " you find this funny ? Our life can be on the line for this and you find it funny ? " I hissed at him. Zeus tried to muffle his laughter and before leaving he said " if they wanted to kill you LUCAS they would have done so by now ".

I know he was right but these two In front of me made me nervous. They were looking at me or more like glaring at me. My eyes shifted between the both of them .

" Liam is right Lucas, you have to answer some very important questions before we make a decision about your fate " he warned me.

" I under stand Alpha MARCUS, and I will answer all your questions " I said. They both still glared at me, Marcus's eyes narrowing with suspicion with my answer.

" that's settled for now, let's get this mess cleaned up " he said looking around " and then go and get ANYA " he continued. At Anya's name Liam looked taken back and gasped " oh my god, I for got about ANYA, where's Maria ? " he said looking around frantically. We all looked around searching for Maria but she was no where to be seen! and then at a distance my eyes caught a light colour golden brown wolf running at a speed towards the pack house. " I think she's headed for the pack house " I told them nodding in her direction. We watched the she wolf entering the pack house.