Chapter Twenty Four

Zak lay in that hospital bed for over a week, by the end of his stay he was going insane and everyone but myself was feeling the anger radiating off him in their direction. I was surprised to be honest that he hadn’t lost it with me too but I think he thinks I am on the verge of some mental breakdown because I have been fussing over him all week. Problem is it is quite the opposite, I have never been more focused on a goal in all of my life and I am fussing over him to get him better quicker.

When the doctor agreed that it was ok for him to come home, I helped him change into something more decent and the doctor brought him some forms to sign. We helped him into a wheelchair and I pushed him along as he grumbled about not being an invalid, he knew very well that he couldn’t walk not even with the use of crutches but he hated being reliant upon people. It was one of the many things I loved about Zak, how independent he was and it made him very kind as he didn’t hesitate to run after me. The funny thing was, I was equally as independent and now I would be the one running around after him and I am not sure how well he would take it.

Getting out of hospital is just the beginning of the journey for us, as he wasn’t allowed to take the cast off his leg or start rehabilitation for at least another six weeks. Sitting still didn’t really suit him, even when he wasn’t at work training Zak would be running for miles or working out in the gym. Due to his need to be independent I could see him biting his tongue every time he attempted to stand up and get himself something, and I reprimanded him and told him to stay put while I got it.

He was also frustrated because we couldn’t make love the way we usually do as Zak loved to be in control and usually when I got to be top, he would eventually flip us and take over. I had barred sex for the time being anyway, the doctor said it would be ok as long as his leg wasn’t jostled too much but I wanted him to take it easy for a little while longer. I told him he had to wait until the three week mark then I would reconsider, he called me a dick for withholding the one thing that would make him relax.

I suppose it was cruel of me and I could completely understand his point of view but he hadn’t watched himself collapse then pass out for several hours. He didn’t hear the pop and the inevitable scream that followed and he didn’t have to wait in a pokey little room for hours until he found out what had happened to the person he loved. I did and I would be deciding when I felt comfortable enough to trust myself to be careful with him.

It wasn’t as if I was withholding everything, I still pleasured him just in different ways and he was able to touch me too but according to Zak this wasn’t the same… and he was right. I was becoming desperate myself, I was so used to being with him in every way and to put this on hold was killing me just as much as it was him. It made me all the more angrier at Harvey and in turn made me all the more determined not to hurt him and to help him heal so that he would be at the next Super Bowl.

However despite my iron clad will, by the third week I was seriously aching for him and my resolve was breaking. I probably sound like some sex starved maniac after all it had only been two weeks, four days, sixteen hours and forty six minutes. Understand this though, Zak was seriously irresistible not only in looks but in the way he moves and how he can just hit that spot in me every time that will have me writhing around beneath him. That toe curling, back arching, raucous love making that leaves you reeling for hours afterwards and needing more, always needing more.

***

Three weeks to the day and Zak’s temper was through the roof and having been going through the same withdrawal my mood wasn’t exactly calm either. Every time he tried to get up I snapped at him and he growled something incoherent back at me, this went on for most of the day. I was making his dinner when I realised that he was going to do something stupid if we didn’t do something soon to take his mind off sitting around doing nothing. I took him his plate and we sat in silence watching the TV while we ate, when he was done I took his plate and cleaned up then I leaned against the wall and watched him.