Chapter Twenty Five

It is so hot, I have missed being at work training but I have not and I mean NOT missed this heat! I feel like I can’t breathe properly and I am barely moving so I can’t begin to understand how my team are doing this, I have to keep reminding myself to give them water breaks every thirty minutes so that no one passes out on me.

My shorts and vest are drenched from sweat and the water that I keep pouring over my head, and I can feel that my face is on fire. Jess smiled and walked over to me, she has been a godsend these past weeks taking over the training for me while I cared for Zak. This morning when I got up for work I made him swear that he wouldn’t do anything stupid, I made him promise to use his crutches at all times and call me if he needs anything- he won’t.

“Hey I don’t know how much longer we can train out here like this Billy, we may have to move it indoors.” Jess said.

“I would have done that already but the janitor told me the AC is broken so it would be just as bad, I think we may just have to call it quits soon. I am pissed though because I have already let you guys down these last few weeks and I need to get everyone focused again.” I groaned.

“You have not let everyone down Billy! It’s not your fault that psychopath took out our best player.” She snapped at me.

“Yeah well if that player wasn’t such an impossible person then I might have been back sooner, but you know Zak he just likes to think he knows best.” I said smiling.

“Yeah I can imagine, how is he anyway?” She asked politely.

“He is ok, not really showing how he really feels. I know he is shit scared that this might not go to plan but he refuses to talk about it, so I am just focusing on making sure it does go to plan. I will have him playing again if only to rub it in Harvey’s face!” I growled.

“Just be careful what you do Billy, I am all for teaching that jerk a lesson but we don’t want it to be you next. I think if anything happened to you it will be Zak that ends up in prison.” She chuckled and walked away.

I didn’t laugh because I knew it was probably true, especially after the conversation we had the other night. He was determined in that endeavour and I am not sure that I am completely opposed to it, having someone like Zak by my side looking out for me, loving me, is perfect. I called for a fifteen minute break and the twins instantly began to wrestle with one another, I smiled at them for a moment but then I walked over to stop them.

“You’re supposed to be resting so stop, I don’t want you collapsing from exhaustion.” I said.

“Ok boss.” They said in unison making me snigger at how cliché the moment was.

“Hey how is Zak.” Calvin asked.

“He is doing well thanks he will be back in no time.” I smiled and picked up some water.

“That’s cool it must be stressful for him.” He smiled back.