Bump into

(Onyx POV)

After I left Crypt house I decided to go see my grandma and check up on her. My grandma been taking care of me since I was two, I never met my mama, shit I don't even know what she looks like, and my pops been in and out of jail since I was five. "Sup lil nigga" my uncle Slick said dapping me up when I walked through the door, "hey unc, where mama at?" I asked taking my jacket off.

"She should be in the kitchen, I think she cooking" soon as he mentioned food my ass ran to the kitchen seeing my grandma take her cornbread out the oven. "Hey mama" I said walking up to her to hug her and kiss her cheek, "hey baby you just in time I made all your favorites" she smiled while wiping off the counter. Fried chicken, baked macaroni, collard greens, yams, and cornbread, damn my grandma knew how to throw down in the kitchen.

"Wash your hands while I make your plate" she said sweetly while grabbing a plate, I was bout ready to tear up that damn food till she slapped my neck "OW! what was that for?" I asked rubbing my neck, my grandma had the hands of Floyd Mayweather. "Kahlil Raheem Taylor, you know better than to be eating without thanking the lord!" She yelled at me while getting me something to drink. After I said grace my ass was going in on that food "baby slow down and breathe" my grandma laughed while hand me a paper towel, "I've been feeding you so much I'm surprised you ain't as big as a yoga ball" she said taking a seat right next to me.

"So Kahlil when do you plan on giving me some grandbabies?" She smirked at me, I laughed while wiping my mouth off "what you mean? You looking at ya grandbaby right now" I told her while smiling. "Now you know you more like my baby, I'm not getting any younger boy and I want you to marry a nice pretty smart girl who can give me my 6 grandbabies" she smiled while talking. "Mama I don't plan on getting married any time soon" I told her washing off my plate, "eh I'll get you one of these days, but baby can you run to the store for me and grab me the ingredients so I can make red velvet cake for dessert?" She handed me a list while I put my jacket back on.

"Yeah I gotchu" I said while kissing her cheek before I walked to my car.

(Mahaya POV)

I had to run to the grocery store real fast to pick up a few things that I was missing. I grabbed a basket and started walking down the aisles look for corn meal, when I felt somebody bump into me. I look up to see the same guy from Evelynn's house earlier that day looking at his phone, "yo what the fu...damn I'm sorry ma I didn't see you" he said when he looked up. He bent down to pick up the rice that fell out of my basket, "you Hazel's sister right?" He asks while handing me what I dropped, "mhm" I politely smiled at him "well my name is Onyx, but I don't know your name beautiful" he said waiting for me to speak "Mahaya, that's not the name on your birth certificate right?" I asked him while laughing but kinda serious while putting my hand out for him to shake.

To my surprise he kisses my hand while looking up at me, I almost melted right in the middle of the grocery, I couldn't stop blushing and I think he could see it because he started to chuckle to himself. "Well it was nice meeting you, I should get back to looking for what I need, do you know where I can find vanilla?" "Yeah, it should be right in the aisle with the syrup and pancakes" I told him pointing to the aisle a few rows from us. "Thanks baby girl" he licked his lips and walked in the direction I pointed in.