Date night part 2

(Mahaya's POV)

We had been at the restaurant for just a few minutes and I was already loving this date, Onyx is so sweet and funny. "Can I ask you a question?" I asked him while drinking my water, " yeah" "what's your real name? I have a hard time believing that 'Onyx' is printed on your birth certificate" I giggled. He smiled at me and started laughing showing his bottom grill, this man is too fine to be single. "Nah my real name is Kahlil" "ok that's a lot better than calling you Onyx" I laughed.

"What's your race? I can tell you're mixed with something" I said, I just loved his complexion. "Black and white, my moms black and my dad's white, what about you?" "My mom's Puerto Rican and my dad's black" I said, most people have a hard time believing that my moms Puerto Rican because they never here me speak Spanish. The only people I speak Spanish to is my grandparents when I'm on the phone with them.

"Damn that's sexy" he said licking his lips, every time he does that I can feel myself getting hot. "You do that a lot" I said laughing at the confused look on his face, "do what ma?" He asked while looking at me, "lick your lips, I have an extra Chapstick in my purse if you need it" I was cracking up at my own joke, he smacked his lips while laughing "you got jokes huh". We were literally just sitting their laughing our assess off at what I said, couples in the restaurant were looking at us weirdly but a few of them just smiled at us.

"Aww I remember when we were like that at a young age" I heard an older woman say to who I'm guessing was her husband, we calmed down once our food came out. I could feel my mouth watering when the plate was set I front of me. "Wow they put a lot of asparagus on my plate" I said staring at it,

"what does it taste like?" He asked me " to me it doesn't have much of a taste, but try some"

"what does it taste like?" He asked me " to me it doesn't have much of a taste, but try some". I put a piece of asparagus on my fork and fed it to Kahlil, I watched as his face was normal at first than you made a facial expression I can't really explain, he spit it out onto a napkin and started drinking his water. "That shit is nasty" I couldn't stop laughing at the face he was making.

(30 minutes later)

We pulled up back to my house and just sat in the car for a few minutes, neither of us could properly breathe from the food we just ate. "I had a really fun time with you Kahlil" I said smiling at him. I can tell this date was going to be the first of many, " I'm glad you had a good time ma" he said. I reached over to hug him, damn he smelled so good "Mahaya you know you can let go right?" He chuckled.

"Oh I'm sorry" I blushed, I didn't notice I was still hugging him, he lifted my head up and stared into my eyes, "nah ma, keep your head up cause you too beautiful to be looking down". I couldn't stop smiling at him, he got out o the car opening the door for me, "thank you" I kissed his cheek before telling him by. I got in my house to find Hazel and Evelynn on the couch with, u just laughed and set my bag on the table taking off my heels, and was about to walk upstairs.

"How was the date?" Evelynn asked me half asleep "it was perfect" I smiled, she just nodded and went back to sleep. My phone vibrated and a message popped on my screen,

Kahlil- Good night Mahaya
Mahaya💕💎💫- Good night Kahlil

I layed down in my bed smiling to myself, hopefully my mom was right and that this might turn out to be a good relationship.