Promises pt2

(Mahaya's POV)

I'm sitting here and I just can't believe that Khalil rented out this ENTIRE restaurant so we could have a date. I looked over at him and just admired his facial features, I'm so lucky to have him.

"What you over there daydreaming about?" I snapped out of my thoughts to see him licking his lips before he smirked at me. "Just trynna figure out how I was lucky enough to end up with you" I said smiling back.

"Shit, I ask myself that everyday; maybe we both just got real good luck". "So what's the special occasion for? You don't normally wake me up out of my sleep so we can go out" I said looking at him skeptically.

"It's a crime to take my baby out and let her enjoy herself now? I gotta show you off and let these nigga's know you mine". He said leaning in kissing my forehead, "no but I know you wouldn't wake me out my sleep just to get me food" I mumbled under my breath.

A few minutes later I had gotten up to use the restroom, I was drying my hands off when Evelynn called me. " best friend how's your date going?" She asked in a excited tone "it's going good, how did you know I was on a date??".

I don't remember calling her or texting her about my out of the blue date so I'm confused as to how she knew about it. "Um.....you mentioned something about it to me earlier" I could hear the lie in her voice.

Now I know something is up "well I'm gonna let you get back to your mans, call me later bye!" I didn't even get another word in before she hung up in my face, I put my phone back in my bag and made my way back to the table.

"Babe you ok" I looked at Khalil who was patting his pockets probably looking for his phone. "Yeah I'm good just thought I lost something" he said putting his hands in his pants pocket, suddenly he became real calm.

I need to know what's going on because first him, then Evelynn and now he's acting weird again. I was so in thought I didn't notice he scooted over closer to me until he touched my hand. I looked up seeing him staring at me before leaning over to kiss me.

I swear every time we kiss I can feel the butterflies in my stomach, he tugged at my lip while pulling away from the kiss. I giggled to myself wiping the lipstick off his face, man I love this boy so much.

"I love you too" he said smiling at me "which is why I wanna give you this". He pulled a small velvet box from is pocket and set in in the table. "What is it?" "Open it" he chuckled, I could feel my hand shaking when I opened the box revealing a beautiful diamond ring surrounded by smaller diamonds.

My heart sped up quickly as I stared at the ring, "before you have a heart attack it's not an engagement ring" he said making me blow out a breath and relax. I felt like I was about to pass out. He took the ring out the box and slid it on my ring finger.

"When you look at this ring, I hope it reminds you of my promise to never stop loving you, one day I'll replace it with an engagement ring and a wedding band, I love you babygirl"

"When you look at this ring, I hope it reminds you of my promise to never stop loving you, one day I'll replace it with an engagement ring and a wedding band, I love you babygirl". I felt the tears ran down my face as I took in what he just said to me, my emotional ass.

I grabbed his face pulling him closer to me so I could kiss him, I can't believe I've come this far in my life. I remember after my last breakup I thought I'd never find someone to treat me right and love me so much.

"So that's why Evelynn was being weird on the phone, she knew about this" I said after pulling away from the kiss to catch my breath, " damn girl can't keep a secret to save her life" he said smacking his lips.

My life was perfect in my eyes at the moment, I was one step closer to marrying this man, even though everyone says we're already married, I just hope nothing goes wrong.