Lunch Date

(Mahaya's POV)

"Mahaya can you take Alicia's client, she's already been here for 20 minutes and I don't know when Alicia is gonna show up" I looked at the girl who looked like she was about 17 sitting in the waiting area looking at her phone, I huffed looking at the clock seeing it was 12:15 and I'm supposed to be going to lunch with Evelynn in 15 minutes .

"Yeah I'll take her, I just have to tell my friend to re-schedule our plans" I mentally rolled my eyes in my head, I knew I was never gonna hear the end of it from Evelynn when I call her. I was getting ready to call her when she called me instead, "heeeeyyyyyyyyyy honey" just by the way she said that I knew something was wrong. "Ummm.....so slight change of plans, Crypt has to go out of town for a few days and he wants me to go with him", I could hear her voice getting squeakier every time she talked.

I sat there staring at my phone for a few seconds, no this hoe did not cancel our plans to go out of town with a nigga she see's EVERYDAY. "That's fine Evelynn, I'll just see if Hazel or Kahlil can go with me. I have an unscheduled client anyway" I could hear her let out a breath indicating she was relieved. "Good, I didn't want you to be mad at me, I'll talk to you later I have to finish packing", I got off the phone and made my way to the girl still sitting in the chair waiting.

"Sweetie I'm gonna take care of your hair since Alicia hasn't showed up yet" she looked up at me with a small smile on her face and got up to follow me to my chair. "What did you have in mind for today?" I asked her as she sat down with the bag in her hand, "a partial see-in" I noticed she was kind of quiet while she sat there playing with her fingers. She gave me the bag with the hair in it, she didn't give me much detail to what she wanted but I can figure something out.

(2 1/2 hours later)

I finished up her last curl as she sat there quietly, once I was done I turned off the curling iron and handed her the mirror and the look on her face was so cute. She jumped out of the chair and hugged me while jumping up and down yelling "thank you, thank you so much!" I was surprised because this is the most noise she's made since I started her hair.

"I definitely want you to be my new stylist, Alicia was good and all but you're amazing!" "I'm glad you like your hair" I smiled at her, she pulled out $260 from her wallet and gave it to me while still admiring her hair

"I definitely want you to be my new stylist, Alicia was good and all but you're amazing!" "I'm glad you like your hair" I smiled at her, she pulled out $260 from her wallet and gave it to me while still admiring her hair. "Next time I'll make sure to schedule an appointment with you, thanks again" she said before walking out of the shop.

I was cleaning up when all of a sudden I felt a body next to mine, I turned around to be face-to-face with Alicia, "so we stealing clients now huh?" She asked me with her arms folded rolling her eyes. "Look you weren't here and if I didn't have taken her she would've been waiting for three hours, it's not my fault you can't show up to work on time", I didn't have the energy to be arguing with her. "Look little girl, you ain't been at the shop for nothing but a hot minute and you think you can just take over? You can have her anyways seeing as though you fucked up her hair." She said while rolling her eyes and walking away from me, "Jealous bitch" I said lowly to myself.

I had finally gotten the chance to sit down and pull out my phone getting ready to call Hazel when my phone rang showing that Khalil was calling me. "Hello?" "Hey wassup baby, what you doing?" "I'm trynna figure out what I'm gonna do on my lunch break, Evelynn had to cancel" I was hoping he'd get my hint "you want me to take you out to eat? I'm not doing nothing but chillin on the porch" "yes please" I said in a baby voice pouting my lip even though he can't see me. I could here him chuckling to himself "i'ight I'll be down there in like 20 minutes"

We decided to go to TGI Fridays since it wasn't that far from the shop and my break was only an hour and a half. Currently we were sitting in the booth, I already knew what I wanted so I sat and watched Kahlil look over the menu. "You ok over there?" I asked him while laughing, "shit I don't know what to get, I got a taste for everything right about now" he said while looking at me and licking his lips, "you are so nasty" I laughed catching on to his joke.

1 hour later

Kahlil had brought me back to the shop after lunch, we were sitting in his car listening to music while he was playing with my hand. "You work tomorrow?"  He asked me, "no I'm off until next week Monday, why?" "I'm going ova to my gramma house and I want you to come with me". I looked at him with a shocked face, what he said threw me off for a second "you want me to meet your gramma?" He looked over at me with a small smile, "shit why not? We gonna be married in a few years anyway".

"And how do you know that, what if we break up?" I asked him, "we not breaking up anytime soon, if a nigga try to step to you I'm beating his ass plain and simple". I can tell he was serious by the way he was staring at me "and what if a girl gets in the way?Than what? "Shit you got Evelynn and Hazel to whoop her ass, I can't have my baby out here fighting these raggedy ass bitches" I couldn't take him seriously. "Ok I gotta get back inside, I have a few more heads before I get to leave" I said leaning over to kiss him on the cheek, I was about to get out the car when Kahlil softly grabbed my face and smashed his lips onto mine. "Don't be trynna give me them whack ass  kisses" he said slapping my ass before I got out the car. "Yes daddy" I said sarcastically while laughing, "i'ight keep on and I'ma show you daddy".