Chapter 6 Reflections

Celebrate the day Chapter 2 of BATIM coming out today! Sadly, now my story is going to be completely off from the actual game. WELL! I'm soon going to write an author's note about how I'm going to explain that! Maybe even after this chapter or something. So read this if you want and then get the details later because details are boring. Enjoy! ^-^

It was still extremely dark and only growing darker still. Most of the sky was blocked by the buildings that surrounded you. All you could think about was what you were going to say to Joey when you met up with him. Also, would Bendy approve of what you were planning to do? Would he shut up and live with it or feel betrayed? Maybe he'll ask to go with you just so he can kill Joey. That would probably be the worst case scenario.

"Hey, uh, you've been quiet. Thinking something important?" Bendy questioned when the silence started to get to him.

"No... I was just daydreaming," you lied.

"What about?" he asked curiously.

You decided to be as honest as possible. "Well, it was about Boris. It just feels weird to me that you're working alone and solo without friends. Usually, when pulling off a scheme, you always have Boris there to play sidekick!"

Bendy sighed and glanced towards the ground. "Been a long time since I've had a sidekick or a friend... I guess I never really told you what happened to him, did I? Well, you don't want to know the whole story. It's the one story that should never be told. So I'm not."

"Where are we? Are you sure you know the way back?" you questioned as you glanced around. Everything was unfamiliar to you.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. We should be fine. I could find my way back if I were on Mars. We'll be there any minute now!" Bendy announced as he began to walk off of the sidewalk and far into the grass. You walked and walked until the town was far from view.

A bright ripple of light flashed over a hilltop of wildflowers. More commonly known as weeds that try to look pretty. You had to squint when you realized it was moonlight reflecting off of water. A large lake was right before you and your breath was taken.

Bendy seemed equally amazed. His fist was clenched and his eyes nearly sparkled. The night sky seemed to illuminate in the reflected light from the lake. It was almost like glass. A shiny stain glass window that was the gateway to another world. Like from those books that you'd always read.

"I've only seen this place in pictures Joey showed me. I've always wanted to see it. Nobody lives around here, it's quiet, it's peaceful, and it's beautiful. It wouldn't look nearly as nice in a cartoon that's black and white," Bendy said as he approached the water's edge. He dared not to touch it for his sake, but staring into his reflection was mesmerizing.

So that's the demon who killed Henry and fell in love almost on the same day...

You sat on the ground in front of the water. Bendy sat beside you and flicked a rock into the lake. It made many small ripples shoot through the water. Desperately, you searched for a good conversation topic. Before you could come up with one, a frog jumped up onto a lily pad. Bendy sprang away from it in terror.

"What the heck is that... MONSTROSITY?!" he demanded as he pointed to the frog sitting on the lily pad. You laughed at his fear of such an innocent thing.

"Bendy, that's just a frog! It's completely harmless!" you explained still trying not to giggle at his description of the frog. He just had a way with adjectives sometimes.

Bendy stared at the frog and inched a little closer. The frog gazed sullenly into the demon's jet-black eyes. Neither of them moved. Both of them were waiting for the other to do something. Bendy acted first. "Uh..., hello... slimy, aquatic creature. I'm Bendy."