Chapter 10 The Girl Who Cried Wolf

"Wow! I think we're done! Nothing like a bit of teamwork to resurrect an old friend!" Bendy said as he dusted himself off.

Nodding to his statement, you couldn't help but feel relieved by how excited he was. It made your dream less likely to come true. "Well, you're really chipper!"

"Are you kidding?!" demanded Bendy as he sprang from one side of the room to the other. "I'm so excited that I'm about to explode!" he shouted. Springing himself off of the wall, he landed beside you. "It's all thanks to you, you know!"

"I don't deserve that much credit! I'm sure that you would have figured out how to do it... eventually," you replied with a smirk.

Bendy crossed his arms at you. He wasn't being serious even though he was trying to look like he was. "Why, (y/n)! Are you calling me slow?" Bendy then shook his head. "How rude! Go to the time-out corner, (y/n)! Don't come out until I say so!" he commanded.

"Okay. Can I come out yet?" you asked.

"Well, technically you didn't go anywhere and no time has passed, but I guess you can. Anyway, let's just do this thing!" Bendy shouted as he raced to the ink pressure room. You looked annoyed for a moment.

"You know, I can't really run after you! I'm physically impaired!" you shouted after him. He stopped and shouted back.

"Get to the main power room, then! I'm sure you'll get there by the time I hit the switch!" he commanded. He bounded away before you could object.

Slowly making your way there against the wall, you heard the pipes begin to make strange noises that indicated that Bendy pushed the pump pressure button. You reached the main power and turned everything on. Bendy came loping back. "We're all set here! Now we just have to wait. Quick question, how long are we waiting?"

You thought back to the book. "I think it said we had to wait about... two minutes," you answered.

"Wow. That's fast. Okay, then you stay here to prepare to turn the machine off on my command. I'm going back," he said. You could hear his rapid footsteps down the hallway due to his shoes. It was easy to tell where Bendy was because of them. A minute and a half went by and you could hear Bendy shout his signal. On cue, you turned off the machine. The studio fell silent.

Trying to get to the next room, you could hear someone stand to their feet. Black fur brushed up against the floor and small black ears twitched. You peered into the room and you could see the wolf in white overalls standing looking somewhat confused. Your heart raced.

"Bendy...?" he asked.

"Oh my gosh... I can't believe it! It worked! Boris, you're alive!" Bendy yelled as he tackled Boris which sent them both crashing to the floor.

"Oof!" Boris said, but his face immediately brightened. "Bendy! I thought I'd never see you again! I don't even know what happened... I just remember ink flooding everywhere and... pipes breaking and... What happened?" he asked glancing around. "The place looks... more dead than usual."

Bendy jumped to his feet. "Boris, you have no idea how much you missed! I want to tell you everything, but I have no idea where to start..."

"Why not try from the beginning?" you asked from the hallway. Finally, you were able to walk into the room. Boris's eyes widened with wonder and recognition.

"Bendy..., is that-?"

"Boris, I'd like you to meet 18-year-old (y/n)," Bendy introduced. You nodded your head in greeting.

At first, Boris didn't know how to reply. You were one of the last people he expected to see. "Wow... You've certainly matured a lot. It seems like only yesterday that you were eight years old and watching our show with stars in your eyes."