Chapter 9 A Long Night

It was a long night for the both of you. Looking at a very confusing book about how to create life. Understanding it required a large dictionary and lots of context clues. Bendy had no idea it would be so complicated. About half way through the book, you could tell the sun was going down. You didn't need to look outside to figure that out. Apparently, in order to create him, the items would have to be put on the pedestals again and the ink machine would have to be rewired. The heart would have to be remade and Joey said that the brain was easy. In the middle of the night, you began to yawn as you read Joey's book. Bendy noticed and snatched the book from you.

"Okay! That's enough reading for one day! I know you like books, but I didn't think this much!" he stated.

You smiled warmly and playfully tried to snatch the book back from him. "You still need to read Romeo and Juliet!"

Bendy held the book over his head. It wasn't fair because you wouldn't be able to stand up to snatch it from him. You began to wonder if you were at the disadvantage just because of your left leg. Bendy grinned impishly. "I told you, I don't read Shakespeare! Besides, I wouldn't even call this literature!"

"Anything with words is literature, Bendy!" you told him as you made another feeble swing at the book.

"Pfft! Literature or lunacy!? A book about something that shouldn't have ever been tampered with. Look, I suppose that I'll have to give you this book back, but not until you sleep!" he said as he opened the book to a random page and glanced over it for no particular reason.

You looked at the many pages of written notes you took that were on Henry's old desk. You had been there for a while. Despite that, you didn't want to give in so easily. "So what if it's a little late? I can handle it. I can go all night without even trying to...," you said trying to stifle a yawn. You failed.

Bendy nodded with a knowing look. "Uh-huh. That gal from last night who was with me who begged me to let her sleep is now begging me to let her pull an all-nighter. Well, you'll thank me later! My hypothesis is that if you don't stop now, then you'll fall asleep on Henry's desk. I can offer something better than a wooden drawing board. Seriously, I'm offering you a break and you're not taking it."

His argument was compelling. Compelling enough to make you want it. Giving in, you shrugged your shoulders. "Okay, you win. I guess I am pretty tired. I'll pick this up tomorrow."

"I thought so," Bendy replied putting the book back down onto the desk.

He led you down a hallway that was full of unopened doors. He stopped in front of one that was locked. To your surprise, he busted in the door by ramming into it! He ended up covered in dust on the ground and with an annoyed expression. "Um... ow," was all he said. You couldn't help but laugh.

Once the dust settled down and Bendy had hopped back up to continue supporting you, you were able to get a good look at the room. It had a warmer feel than the rest of the place. It looked kind of like a bedroom. Pictures were hung on the walls of family, friends, and Bendy and a little jukebox was sitting in the corner. An empty dresser was sitting against a wall. The largest thing in the room though, it was the bed. Fluffy blankets and pillows neatly covered the entire bed that almost took up a third of the room. Suddenly, the thought of sleeping wasn't so terrible anymore.

"This is Joey's old room. Although, he never used it because he was always pulling the all-nighters. He was able to break the laws of life, so he thought he didn't need sleep anymore. Stupid Joey forgot he was human," Bendy explained glancing at all of the pictures. He saw one of a younger version of you and looked away. He didn't want the butterflies to come back right then.

You flopped onto the bed and kicked off your shoes. There was a lamp that was on beside you on a small table just within your arm's reach. Crawling under the blankets, you remembered something. "I'm pretty sure that my parents are freaking out right now. I disappeared again. They took my phone away from me and pretty much everything else! Not that the phone was put into much use anyway... I wonder if they'll be able to trace us here and arrest you or something..."