Chapter 18

"Lillian." Someone said.

I jolted up from my uncomfortable sleep and glanced around.

"Shh, your okay." Jacob said.

Sighing a breath of relief, I wrapped my arms around him. His warm body heat washed away my coldness. "Am I still dreaming?"

He laughed. "No."

I took a breath in, then let it out. "I had the strangest dream."

"What was it about?" He asked.

"I asked Sam about us being half-siblings, and he told me why I'm living with Charlie. And it was because my father is out to kill me. Then I ran off because I was really mad and you followed me, trying to calm me down, but I yelled at you for no reason. Anyways, I was upset and felt bad, so I went to apologize, but along the way my vampire father attacked me. He attacked you, too, because you were trying to save me. I went to see you and-" I stopped myself. I couldn't tell Jacob he said he loved me in my dream.

"You're okay, now. I promise. It was just a nightmare," Jacob said soothingly.

I nod, feeling a tear slide down my cheek. It dropped onto Jacob's bare shoulder. "When was the last time I was awake?"

"A few hours ago when you woke up from your other nightmare." He hugged me. "I told you I wouldn't leave."

I smiled and pulled away from his embrace. "How'd you get in here?"

"The window." He said, flicking his head towards the window. Sure enough, it was opened.

"Charlie would kill us both if he finds out you're up here," I said, wiping away my tears.

"Why?" He asked.

"Besides the obvious reason that there is a guy in my room in the middle of the night? I'm grounded." I chuckled.

Jake smirked. "Well, you aren't breaking any rules." After a moment, he asked, "Did you call your mom?"

"She said Sam's my half-brother. Oh, and that I'm living here to keep my father away," I said. "Which makes sense why I would dream about that."

"That's weird," he said. "You guys don't even look alike."

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "We don't have the same dad, Jacob." I giggled.

"I know, I just wanted to make you smile."

"Not trying to be rude, but why are you here?" I asked.

"Paul told me a few days ago that you were grounded and I wanted to see you. I thought you would be bored." He said.

"You thought right."

He laughed and stood.

"Where are you going?" I asked, propping myself on my elbows.

"I have to go." He began climbing out of the window.

"Hey," I said. He stopped. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, Lils." He crawled out of the window.

That dream was so realistic that I still didn't believe that I was awake. The whole time I was asleep, Jacob stayed right with me like he promised. He promised that he wouldn't leave and he lived up to that promise. What did I do to deserve a friend like him? The weird thing was that he was here when I awoke from my nightmare about my father. It was like he knew I was in a terrible dream like he knew I would need him. How did he know to stay? How did he know that I would have another dream that was so realistic that I still thought I'm dreaming?

Even weirder was that when I woke up, I wasn't scared. If he weren't here when I woke up, I wouldn't be able to sit in my room right now. I would be over analyzing every thought. I would think my dream was real life and that it actually happened, but in the back of my mind I know that it was just a dream. It was just another nightmare, almost giving me the answers I didn't want to believe. As if it were preparing me for the future.

I hoped Charlie would let me go see Sam because I need to ask him about what he knows. I hope it was nothing like my dream. That's a world I didn't want to live in. Even if that was the case, I hoped Sam would be able to protect me. I didn't want anyone to get hurt, especially if I'm the reason for their injuries.

Authors Note

So what are your thoughts on Lillian's dream?

If you are confused of when the dream started, it was when she said, "As if I just have blinked I'm awake with the sun shining through the windows hitting my bedroom floor." In Chapter 12.

If you want, go reread chapters 12-17 because it makes you think differently about things.

Don't forget to vote and comment! It lets me know that you are enjoying the book :)

-xin_your_dreamsx