its just a story, we all know the feeling (ryden)

[title lyric from ruining my pretending by swmrs]

in honor of 4/20 since the friend that gives me weed is out of town so, i couldnt do anything for it :( 

so lets write a one shot instead 

brendon likes getting high, and ryan doesnt get it 

- - - - - 

Brendon brought the joint to his lips, pursuing them and inhaling the taste. It sounded odd, it sounded completely and utterly strange when you went into detail. But thats what it was. Getting high. It made him feel weightless, like he was something he wasnt. 

His best bud, or boyfriend or whatever, Ryan didnt get it. He didnt see the point in getting stoned. But he has never done it. Brendon thought that if Ryan tried it, he would love it just as much as he did 

"Ry, its 420! Please just do it?" Brendon begged, pulling at the other boys skinny, pale wrist, similar to the way a child would, asking his mother for something. But this was much better than a packet of M&Ms, it was freedom from the entirty of the world.

Ryan shook his hair out of his face. Brendon liked Ryans face. It was pretty, and soft-looking, but once he opened that dumb mouth of his, to tell Brendon something meaningful, Brendon loathed it. 

"Brendon, no. I'm not gonna inhale smoke into my lungs. If you want to fuck up your body than that's your choice" Ryan huffed, sitting down on Brendons armchair. He did like spending time with the younger boy though, even if he was stoned 24/7 

Brendon shrugged, sitting on the couch. He brought the joint to his lips once again, and blew out a big huff of smoke. Ryan cringed at the smell, and feel of it as it passed by his head. It gave him migraines and it absoultely sucked. 

"Pick out a CD, Ry" Brendon said, motioning towards his massive CD collection. It was freakin' insane, like, Ryan thought his 50 piece collection was crazy, but two years ago when he met Brendon: he really saw insane. 

Ryan smiled when Brendon told him this. He liked that chore. Brendon knew it would distract him from complaining when Brendon smoked. It didnt take Ryan that long though, he knew almost of the bands in his collection. 

He ended up picking The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Of Me. A classic if you asked him. It was weird indie shit but, it was good weird indie shit that he appreciated to hell and back.

"Nice choice, babe" Brendon sighed out, letting the euphoria take over his body as Sowing Season came blasting through his CD player. The only thing Ryan liked about Brendon getting high was how he looked. All chilled out and all aesthetically pleasing. It was so nice. 

Maybe he could feel like that too, no he wouldnt do it. He shouldnt feel obliged to do something just because his boyfriend - or best friend was requesting for him to do. Especially as something as life-changing as pot.

But, it wasnt life changing. Ryan remembered times that Brendon didnt smoke, and he was still the same. Still normal, other than those times that he was blanked out because of weed. Maybe, just one puff or huff or whatever 

"Brendon, let me see it" Ryan asked, shyly, regreting it as soon as the words left his mouth. Maybe Brendon didnt hear him, but of course he did. He jumped up, big smile taking over his face 

"Ryan Ross! Getting high! What world is this?" Brendon exclaimed "Oh fuck! This is so going on Snapchat!"  

Ryan frowned, covering his face with his hands. "I just want to see why you hype over it so much! Jesus effing Christ, Brendon. Its not a big deal!"

Brendon let out a chuckle as he pulls Ryan onto the couch next to him "Wait am I pressuring you to do this? Because if you are you dont have to, it is kind of a big deal because its kind of amazing and youll love it and-" 

Brendon was cut off by Ryan smashing his lips against his, he automatically kissed back, bringing his hands to Ryans small hips.

"Did that convince you enough?" Ryan pulls away, smirk on his face. He situates himself so his long, gangly legs are over Brendons lap, he makes grabby hands at the joint that was still in Brendons hands. 

He hands it to the other boy, and pulls out his phone "I'm still recording this. First time smoking pot is always fucking hilarious" he states, opening his Snapchat. 

"Fine," Ryan rolls his eyes "but dont send it to Spencer. He'll go all mom on me, and I dont want to deal with that" Brendon laughs, and agrees by nodding his head

"Mom Spencer is my least favorite Spence" 

- - - - -

"Why havent you put me on this shit earlier?!" Ryan yells, taking a huff of the joint again. Brendon found this hilarious, he was extremely high as well and everything, anyone did was funny

"You son of a bitch! You refused and refused and refused and-" Brendon interupted himself by coughing loudly. He laughed at that too. 

Ryan was hooked. The first puff he took he gagged and coughed, resulting in him throwing the joint at Brendon.

Brendon, however, didn't give up and told Ryan that it always sucked the first time and convinced him to try it again. Ryan being the easy kid he was, tried it again

"Oh my God, Brendon I'm gonna die" Ryan cried out, pushing his face in the couch cushion "I'm gonna fucking die and it's your fault, you asswipe!"

Brendon couldn't help but laugh at that. Even a non-stoned person would laugh at Ryans immaturity. "Ry, you're not gonna die!"

At that point, Ryan was full-on crying into Brendon's couch, fully convinced that he was gonna die from getting high.

"Hey, bro, if you die I die too"

- - - -

wierd ending but smoking weed is weird so ;)

literally the whole dying thing happened to me the first time i smoked. i laid on my friends bed and i was crying, convinced that smoking weed was gonna kill me

i started a few months ago, and it's fucking great

happy 420 friends, be safe ♡

- mia