Chapter Eight

For the past few weeks, neither Warin nor I have dared speak about the morning that shall not be named. Hell, we haven't even spoken about the night before even though we've had a few nights like it since. It seems the dreams are getting worse as time progresses and the effects of them are getting stronger. I had a tickle in my throat for a week after the last dream and my lungs burned every time I breathed in.

Psychologically, I'm not doing amazing either. Seeing those images more frequently hasn't been easy but it's manageable, especially since I get to be held by Warin all night afterwards. We talk and get to know each other until I fall asleep, easily making it the only bright side to having these nightmares. However, in the morning when I wake up he's gone, every single time.

We've been ignoring the elephant in the room but I don't think I'll be the one to point it out. It really is for the best, especially with our friendship still trying to find it's footing and our bond being what it is. Besides, this is what I wanted. More than that, it's what's necessary considering the facts. Take Christmas week for example, he went back home to see his friends and although I had fun spending time with Dylan and Karter's family, I nearly had a breakdown. I tried not to call or text him because I didn't want to seem needy but I could hardly have a minute where I wasn't thinking about him. It seemed like he felt the same, because before I knew it, he'd come home a couple of days early with more of his stuff from his place.

At this point he's all but moved in and I've got to admit, I'm more than fine with it. I love having him around. Especially with how much my bond forces me to miss him when he's gone. Concentrating on doing anything is laughable and I can never get my chest to stop throbbing like a fresh wound. Although I feel content when he's here, I'll be glad when the bond is completely formed – this dependency is killing me. It's a good thing I actually enjoy his company or I'd have to figure out a way to deal with the symptoms of withdrawal.

Although I still have Dylan, Warin is quickly becoming one of my best friends. We have so much in common, from being basketball fans to loving video games and nerding out watching Harry Potter or some Sci-Fi movie. He's incredibly intelligent as well. As much as I hate to say it, I judged him when I first met him. I just assumed because he was good looking he was an idiot playboy – although I was right about him loving female attention - he's actually pretty smart. He was valedictorian in high school, he's college educated, and has common sense to boot. I love letting him ramble on about different topics while I do mundane things like cook or clean; he always has an interesting theory about things that make me see them in a different way, which is hard to do because I'm stubborn. He has an inquisitive mind that I find so appealing and he's always willing to learn and even more eager to teach me something when he can. As if all of that wasn't great enough, he's not a messy pig. He actually likes cleaning and cooking; he says he gets his best thinking done when he's doing either.

I could see our friendship lasting past this time of us being 'forced' together. Even though it doesn't feel like we're being forced at all with as much fun as we have together. It's seeming that whatever the woman in Mr. B's shop saw coming for me has changed it's mind because it's been months and there's been no sign of any danger. Aside from my nightmares and a few awkward encounters with Warin my life has been smooth sailing.

"Are we going out or not?" Warin yells from the living room.

I laugh to myself before responding, "Keep your hair on boy, I'm almost ready!"

He groans loudly as if he's been sitting there for centuries.

I can just see him in my mind throwing his head back in fake outrage and it makes me giggle again. Zipping up knee high denim boots, I walk in front of my floor length mirror and smooth the tight white material of my spaghetti strap dress. The fabric hugs all the right places and makes my boobs and butt look amazing. A smile crosses my brown painted lips at the reaction I'll get from Warin. He's never seen me fully put together and, although it annoys me to no end, I'm excited to see his expression when he sees me. Turning, I grab my black leather jacket and Fendi bag from my bed and walk out of the room.